ID:1779284

Keywords: help, pls

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I've had a problem with BYOND for a while now that has really effected the way I've been able to use it. Pretty much, my client looks like this.

http://puu.sh/fxrCV/8e4fb81128.png

It basically removes almost every function from BYOND except for joining a server manually from an ip address. A lot of people have suggested fixes that haven't really helped, and as far as I know I'm one of only two people who have this problem. If anyone could try to help me out with this problem it would be very appreciated
Hmm, first off, that looks like an older version of the pager, so I suggest you download the latest so we're on the same page. I'm not sure what's going on there-- at first I though the color scheme might be off, but you should at least be getting game icons. I would go to your mydocs/byond folder and delete the 'pager' directory, and then reinstall the latest BYOND to see if it fixes anything. Most likely this is something specific to your IE (or maybe IE security settings? For example, is it set to not show images?) What version of windows and version of IE are you running? Might be best to file this as a bug report as this behavior is definitely not correct and I can't see that being your fault.
Oh, also I recommend deleting the 'cfg' directory. Actually backup both of those dirs before you delete them just in case that turns out to be the problem.
That was a screenshot from one of the most recent versions of BYOND. I recently tried using build 498.1163 and it worked fine aside from the fact that I couldn't connect to anything because it was too outdated. Unfortunately I've also tried what you're suggested I do and it did not do anything to help me.
As for my IE version. I'm currently using version 10.0.9200.17183 on Windows 8 64-bit
When you just run IE normally as a browser, does it work?

Unfortunately I don't have a windows 8 box accessible at the moment, but I did test this previously on one. It might be something with the IE, although the pager should use a very older compatibility mode. Have you tried version 507 (the beta at the bottom)? I doubt it will be different but it does use a more modern set of libraries so it's possible that it will behave differently.

I'll try to think of what else we could test to help out. Very weird bug. Get back to me on info about the browser.
Running IE normally does indeed work but I've noticed a lot of websites tend to bug or break on it even though I've reinstalled it many times. I've also just tried version 507 and it didn't seem to help at all.