ID:178164

I've read too many title screen posts and screamed "I already know that!", but what I haven't read is a post that aids someone to show the title screen at login no matter what. I'm using Deadron's super-duper character handling (still), and my title screen is fully functional when a new player logs in. It just sits there and looks cool while they run through the character creation process.

When the player creates a savefile, logs out and back in to the game, it jumps immediately to their savefile. I understand this is because I have client/base_autoload_character enabled. Just to make the player see the title screen for two seconds before their character is loaded would make my day.

Any suggestions?

Matic293

Someone asked me yesterday, "Why would you even bother doing this?" It's kind of like the first couple of dates with the opposite sex. To prevent the absolute worst scenario: "Wow, I really like you ..... what's your name again?"
Try putting that in client/New()

I havent done this, but in client/New() put something like:

client/New()
eye = locate("TITLE_SCREEN") // or locate(5,5,1), wherever you title screen is
sleep(20)
return ..()
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:

client/New()
> eye = locate("TITLE_SCREEN") // or locate(5,5,1), wherever you title screen is
> sleep(20)
> return ..()
>

Almost! It does pause for two seconds as requested, but the title screen does not appear. Should I be using eye_perspective, or lazy_eye? (Only asking for I know not the consequences. Only know they exist.)