ID:1781771

Keywords: anime, game, ghoul, hunter, tokyo
Hello everyone, Im learning how to create my own game using Byond as my first step to be a game designer. So Im having trouble deciding which anime's theme game do I make, so after some research Im deciding between 2 great series, in my opinion, (Tokyo Ghoul or Hunter x Hunter).

1. Tokyo Ghoul, whoever has ever read/watch this recent manga/anime is pretty a good idea for a game due to the balance between the Kagunes and doves--Tg terms--. It's similar to shinigami vs hollow --bleach reference---. It's strong point is the fluency of the battles in compensation for the lack of special attacks. Also who wouldnt like to wear a mask that would make you look like a badass. In my opinion, it would be easier to make.

2. Hunter x Hunter, considering this as a very famous anime. It's strong point would be many people would like to try it due to its popularity including the Quimera Ant Arc. However Im concerned about the different types of abilities that it would require, if we group them it would make a pretty messed up skill tree due to each Nen user can create his own personal ability, so the game wouldn't consider all of them.
Have you considered using parts of both and calling it original?
Hunter x Hunter isn't going to be finished. The creator is going to die before it ever does.
If I combine both of them (Tg & HxH), it would be a kaneki using a yan ken po with each tentacle of his kagune (reference of Naruto vs Obito). I want to make them based of a series due it would attract the fans faster.

HxH may not be finished or never will, but despite the hiatus there is a lot of material in which I can work, so I dont think it would be a problem. If something new appears it would bring unbalance to the system (Ex: Berserk Gon)
In response to NheloAngelo
NheloAngelo wrote:
I want to make them based of a series due it would attract the fans faster.

If you're trying to take your first steps as a game designer, you need to stop right now and reevaluate that statement.

I'm not saying you shouldn't make an anime game. I did it myself when I first started. Do whatever makes you happy and get your feet wet with the DM language.

What I am concerned about is your reasoning. If you are only doing this to "attract as many fans as possible", you are doing it for the wrong reason.

Be happy if your first game gets 5 players. Be happy if it gets none. Simply be happy because you made it. It was an experience, and it will help you grow and make better things. It doesn't matter how many people like/play it. If you're trying to make a game for the people, you'll overwork yourself and lose motivation because it feels like a task instead of something you want to do.
In response to NheloAngelo
NheloAngelo wrote:
it would be a kaneki using a yan ken po with each tentacle of his kagune

You just totally lost me there.
Tokyo ghoul...I would love to playyyyy that
Neither none would be done right.
I suggest doing what you can finish.