well i had only 251 infected files. Anyways its unavoidable in this age. Sometimes I wonder where all these programmers come from to make all these viruses, botnets, worms, trojans.

Okay thank you Zasif ill try that too
In response to DanteVFenris
DanteVFenris wrote:
well i had only 251 infected files. Anyways its unavoidable in this age. Sometimes I wonder where all these programmers come from to make all these viruses, botnets, worms, trojans.

Okay thank you Zasif ill try that too

Oh, boy...
Oh my god -_-, your computer should be on fire with that many infected files :D
The best protection against malware is vigilant common sense.

I've been several years without any sort of antivirus, never looked back. I'm sure eventually I'll get infected with something, to which I'll just quickly install an antivirus program, resolve the problem, uninstall, then repeat the process another two to four years.
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
The best protection against malware is vigilant common sense.

This is so true.
Doohl wrote:
I've been several years without any sort of antivirus, never looked back. I'm sure eventually I'll get infected with something, to which I'll just quickly install one, resolve the problem, then repeat the process another two to four years.

I still recommend running with an antivirus for active protection.
In response to Doohl
How is it common sense? viruses can be anywhere now, and can download without your knowledge. They can make their appearance invsible to you on task manager. Like i dont even go on sketchy sights with this computer and never open popups.
Than again if your not using windows operating system that in itself would be your protection
In response to Doohl
You might think that but your probably already infected! Quick install Malwarebytes. :D
In response to Zasif
Zasif wrote:
You might think that but your probably already infected! Quick install Malwarebytes. :D

Oh thank you so much my PC has never been fast3r!
http://www.downloadmoreram.com/
You're naive to not take up on this site. C'mon. FREE RAM?
DanteVFenris wrote:
How is it common sense?

It actually is common sense, it's not hard to not get a virus, at all.

If you seriously have that much trouble, use Chrome inside Sandboxie, as Chrome tabs are sandboxed and Sandboxie will just add another layer.
In response to Mr_Goober
Oh really? I need more of that new downloadable ram, I got it from this other site but they ran out so I'll check that site out
good lord
In response to Doohl
GG man, GG.
ahhh it was probably filezilla, no onw download that software again. Its a sad day its turned into basically malware
You can't be serious.
FKI Best Answer
You should probably just have an anti virus suite running, this will prevent most computer 'virus' problems, either Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials should do just fine.

When running Malwarebytes, it's recommended to do so while in safe mode, first run it and make sure it's all updated, then go into safe mode and have a go.

The problem you describe sounds to me like packet loss, you should definitely look into that, have them ping your IP (Open cmd and do "ping [ip address] /t". After a minute end it with CTRL C.

There you should get average ping and packet loss percent.

I also recommend reading articles/tutorials about efficiency, you can search for them in BYOND Resource Repository. For example: Dream Tutor - Green Programming by Lummox
Page: 1 2