ID:178239

Say I wanted to blow someone up after I followed them in the game I'm making like a crash that makes them go flying. What is a reccomended code for deleting mobs?

C-ya
Punkrock546
del(M)
I'm not sure that blowing people up who are playing your games is especially legal, you might get some issues with that. The only thing I could think of (I'm not a hardware jockey) is to setup some kind of detonator box to a stick of dynamite and ask each player to buy one and install it on their computer. Actually, I don't think BYOND has a lot of support for external explosive devices either, so you might have to do some feature requests there.

Oh, and the best way to delete mobs is just to use <code>del(mob)</code>.
In response to Foomer
I know youre j/k but how would you make the enemy blow up
-SG

ps.Cameron you can have Mass Destruction..I started a war game
In response to Soccerguy13
being unable to code after 3am without Rootbeer present (it's 3:30am now), I can break down an idea/algorithm/thought process for you...

-chatacter A is Attacker; B is poor sob being attacked.
-scenario: A tosses grenade at B's feet. (assume on-contact explosion for this example)
-from whatever direction the grenade came from (maybe matching A's facing direction), B should be thrown back in the same direction (if A throws grenade east at B, B should be blown back in an easterly direction...)

I know there should be a library or code snippet that deals with this... try hunting it down in the demos or libraries section of byond...
In response to digitalmouse
I think i came up with an idea.Probably wont work but oh well
-SG
In response to Soccerguy13
exploding people should work better if they are multiple tiles too (more pieces to fly off)
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
exploding people should work better if they are multiple tiles too (more pieces to fly off)

You could chop them up into multiple icons with icon arithmatic and scatter them to the four winds (or eight dirs, as it were.) ;)