ID:178251

How could I randomly get the players status to generate upon logging into the game so that I don't have to set all the players stats (Which I currently have) and so that it gives more of a feel to the game and not set so people wont pick certain characters because of the characters abilities.

--Lee
mob
Login()
usr.offense = rand(1,5)
usr.defense = rand(1,5)
usr.HP = rand(100,150)
In response to FireEmblem
FireEmblem wrote:
mob
Login()
usr.offense = rand(1,5)
usr.defense = rand(1,5)
usr.HP = rand(100,150)

I have already done this, but it should be src and not usr ^_~

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
It doesn't make a difference in Login() because src and usr are generally the same thing (unless you're calling Login() from some other proc, for whatever reason...)

Anyway, if you've already done that, what kind of randomness are you looking for?
In response to Foomer
Beleive it or not, I've had problems with using usr in login() for that very reason -- I ended up calling it somewhere else! Ever since then, I've always kept usr and src strait.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
It doesn't make a difference in Login() because src and usr are generally the same thing (unless you're calling Login() from some other proc, for whatever reason...)

Anyway, if you've already done that, what kind of randomness are you looking for?

I have all my randomness sorted out, I posted alittle bit ago about a problem I had and still have now with it. The stats get randomated and generated for the player, but, when he/she starts the game or lands on the 'turf' to play the game, the stats get reset to "0".

--Lee
In response to Lord of Water
have you tried ranomisizing it after it creates you? im not to good at this so i wouldn't be able to show you.
In response to Redslash
Redslash wrote:
have you tried ranomisizing it after it creates you? im not to good at this so i wouldn't be able to show you.

I'll have a bash at this and then I'll tell you if it works or not, if it does you will find 10 Dimes in your wallet ;)

--Lee
In response to Redslash
Sorry, still no use :S

Doesn't save them, and I didn't get what Zagreus said so it might be awhile before the randomated stats fully work...

--Lee