ID:1782621

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 40.0.2214.111
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

The webclient does not seem to have 3D sound features. In addition, it also doesn't seem to recognize the SOUND_UPDATE flag for /sound datums.

I'm not sure if this is an oversight, bug, or just a planned feature but I'm posting this here for now.
None of these are actually supported at the moment, although it might be possible to support them in the future. The SOUND_UPDATE flag though seems like something I can probably manage. Pausing/unpausing I'm less sure of, but it'd be good to support this flag since it does get used.
Any update on this? I'm hoping this'll be prioritized in the near future, since working sound is something to be expected of the webclient if it's going to be used for games, I'd think.
You have "working sound" already, just not the full features provided with 3D sound support.
Sort of. There's a lack of sound channels, so you can't have overlapping sounds at the moment either. I wouldn't really call that "working".

Semantics, though.
Channels through sound() seem to be working as expected for me on the web-client using the latest beta. It's just lacking the majority of the goodies the /sound datum provides.
Channels should be fine. Which browser you're testing on may have an impact, since audio support differs across browsers, but I would expect channels to still work.

Most of the sound foo is not yet supported though.