ID:1782878

(See the best response by Rotem12.)

Problem description:When I create a new instance this is what happens to the map. If anyone knows any fixes please help thank you.

What is your world.map_format and world.icon_size set to?
In response to Shadow Serpent
Set them anyways see if it fixes the problem.

world

map_format=TOPDOWN_MAP

icon_size = 32 // 32x32 icon size by default
I think you're using modified instances in the map editor, which FA's Map Instancing doesn't support. A quick check of the code will show you that he only saves/loads object types and positions.
In response to Kaiochao
That could explain why the Trees and Flowers look alright maybe those are objects.

Make your sand and grass parent_type = /obj, and see if that changes anything.
In response to Zasif
Object types, as in type paths; nothing to do with /obj in particular.
In response to Kaiochao
Ahh I am no wonder =/. Is there no other Instancing libraries I really need it and honestly not capable of doing it myself lol.
Best response
I bumped one problem with map instancing, it might be your problem as well.

Basically underlays are not supported, this is a problem because there is always 1 turf placed on every tile on the map, only 1. Any extra 'turfs' are actually underlays, this is how the appearance of combined turfs is made when only one of those turf is actually there.

Notice how the turfs go crappy around the edges? I imagine there's a turf combo on those areas and only 1 turf appears.

To fix this, you need to modify the library to accept underlays of turfs or use another library.

This file contains was my quick fix to his library, I can't recall whether it works or if it's efficient:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51176364/ map-instancing.dm
In response to Rotem12
Thanks and thats exactly what I did so I'm hoping your fix works!

EDIT: Sobs, didn't work :(. Guess I'll have to work around it and make sure what ever place I'm instancing is all done manually.
That's strange, I just ran it and it worked for overlays/underlays.

Are you sure you checked the right file? Don't use the library, just that .dm file, make sure the library is checked off and this one is checked.

It definitely should do something. Mind you, this only solves overlays and underlays for turfs. If there's something else that's needed to account for I'll need to modify it more. For example, if as an attempt to fix you changed it all to objects instead of turfs, this won't work.
Could it be that my edges are generated from icon_states then placed on map?
It might be, describe what you're doing to me, are you adding it as underlays, overlays or what?

When does it happen? Before or after you try to use map instancing?
In response to Rotem12
Im adding underlays, overlays, and even switching the icon of a turf during runtime.
the library takes initial values, meaning if you changed the icon, the new generated instance doesn't have that data.

That's most likely the culprit.
Possible fix?
I know you want a drag&drop fix, I can produce another but every time I do it I feel I betray the purpose of the library.

Containing list of icon data per turf also scares the shit out've me. I may be paranoid though, it's also a thing.

In any case:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51176364/ map-instancing.dm

I've added the change in case you want it, it may not fix it but it should. If it doesn't fix, I'll need to know a little more.

Another thing to note, if you add/remove overlays/underlays and change icons of turfs, you need to pay attention to when this is done vs when the map was instanced.

For example, if you just ran the game and instanced the map, it creates a blueprint for you to use but if you later change the map, the blueprint is no longer equal to the blueprint produced earlier.