ID:1783614

- What operating system and/or browser are you using?

Windows 7 Home Premium x64, stand-alone BYOND client 506.1249. Browsers that are installed on the system: IE 11.0.9600.17501, Firefox 35.0.1, Chrome 40.0.2214.111 m.

- What were you trying to do when the problem occurred? What actually happened, and how did it differ from what you expected?

I waited for the circular dotted loading icon on the Games tab to disappear and a list of games to appear. The loading icon remains.

- What steps did you follow?

Double-clicked the BYOND shortcut on my desktop. BYOND opened with the Games tab showing. The loading icon does not go away.

- Things I have tried?

1. Giving "run as administrator" rights to byond.exe, dreamdaemon.exe and dreamseeker.exe.
2. Excepting the above programs in the Windows Firewall.
3. Enabling UPnP on my home ADSL2+ router/modem.
4. Manually forwarding ports on the router/modem, a) with and b) without UPnP enabled.
5. Deactivating router/modem hardware firewall, retrying (3) and (4).
Have you tried re-installing BYOND?
Have you tried turning on and off your device? (As funny as it sounds, this does honestly solve most issues)
Have you tried it on another computer in your household?
Have you tried it on another network?
I'm experiencing the same issue on Windows XP SP3 32-bit, with client builds 506.1250 and 507.1274. When the client is started and allowed to idle, Process Explorer shows minimal network activity (<50kb). So far I've tried:

- reinstalling BYOND
- reinstalling Flash Player ActiveX plugin
- manually forwarding ports on the router (UPnP is already enabled)
- clearing the contents of %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS (I use a customised HOSTS file which I suspected could interfere with BYOND, but even after removing all custom entries and rebooting, there is no change in behaviour)
- while not connected to any network, reinstalling BYOND and running the client; no change in behaviour (aside from not being able to browse web pages, of course)

Windows Firewall is disabled, and there is no other firewalling software installed on my PC.