ID:178384

I understand that a person could just email dantom directly, but are there defined steps to follow?

I recall some discussion sometime back about moderators, but its not too clear if anything was ever done regarding this.

Certainly I know of the rules regarding conduct, but these do not seem to be enforced very vigorously. I am aware of dantoms policy of live and let live, so this is understandable.

I guess i need to phrase this in a very specific question.

"What are my options and rights regarding abuse, harassment, or denigration from Byond forum posters that fail to follow dantoms behavior policy?"

I am not drawing my guns, I just want to know where the laws of the land stand. I do not have any standing problems with anyone currently posting.

Pete
Thinks are a bit lax right now because Dantom has their hands full with quote a number of things. Upgrading the softer, getting support (and money), upgrading the server, keeping bugs in line, etc... Not to mention living. There are plans to be moderators pretty soon, and as soon as Dantom gets around to it I'm sure things will clean up around here rather quickly.
"What are my options and rights regarding abuse, harassment, or denigration from Byond forum posters that fail to follow dantoms behavior policy?"

Right now I think the best thing would be to write up a concise letter stating what's been happening, with pointers to a few example posts, and send it to dantom. They may not be able to get to it right away, but if you do as much of the investigative work for them as you can, that will help.

Z
Big words confuse me.
Gah...I don't know if this was aimed at me or not (which I think its not(?)), but I think I will stop taking up a fools arguement, next time it happens. Or at least try Hmm...I should go back and advertise some more. Thats the best way I have been helping out Dantom (so far).