ID:178390

I am tinkering with making two games work together. I had thought before that Export was used to send a client to a different game, so I looked it up and it is for sending files. How would I send the client to a different game and log him/her into it?
Loduwijk wrote:
I am tinkering with making two games work together. I had thought before that Export was used to send a client to a different game, so I looked it up and it is for sending files. How would I send the client to a different game and log him/her into it?

In theory you should be able to use link() with a byond:// URL and that should be enough to connect them to the world you specify. To move their character info over, you'll have to use world.Export() in advance and wait for the all-clear before sending over the player.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
There is one lil problem with this. It asks the client if they want to actually leave, and lets them cancel. This could mess some things up. Any suggestions?
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:
There is one lil problem with this. It asks the client if they want to actually leave, and lets them cancel. This could mess some things up. Any suggestions?

None at the moment, but I'll look into it.

Lummox JR
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:

that is the only major complant I have with byond to date.
I have had this complant for a long time. because of my closed beta game. I only wish byond would give the programers more power over this with a client/var or somthing.

Anyway, all we can do right now is tell the players to goto there dreamseker options then preferences and change link to on. this will stop the ask promt.