ID:178401

i've tried and i've tred and i've tried but no one has answered my question correctely. I've been asking if anyone could help on making a certain verb, and all the other times I posted the question I also added my coding in with it, but this time I'm not going to i'll just let who ever is going to attempt this question answer it from almost complete scratch. So here is my request and the only info I think you will need.

REQUEST: I need a verb called a Pet that when you are near the dog and you use the Pet verb the dog will begin to wag his tail. I also would like for the dog to wag his tail for a certain amount of time, perhaps 2 secs(I know how to do that but I'm not sure where I would have to put it so that is what I would need to know for that).

INFO: the dog is mob/pet/dog/tan
the icon for wag that will be used for wag is...
icon = dog.dmi
icon_state = wag
no one's answered you because you're asking us to do it for you!

What you need to do is go to the Guide, and read it. Everything you're asking for you'll learn how to do if you read the Guide completely. It has everything you need to learn, the basics of DM.

So read on young stallion!
In response to Jon Snow
Jon Snow wrote:
no one's answered you because you're asking us to do it for you!

What you need to do is go to the Guide, and read it. Everything you're asking for you'll learn how to do if you read the Guide completely. It has everything you need to learn, the basics of DM.

So read on young stallion!

Your wrong. I have posted my code for that certain thing many times to get help on what I am doing wrong but no one has answered it succesfully
In response to EvilGotenks
Well, I have been away for a while, but I am back now, and I am in a particularly good mood today (perhaps because I not have a house to call my own, and wont be living with my grandparents anymore:) ), so I will try and help. I was not around when you posted your code before, could you repost it and so I can take a look?
In response to Loduwijk
hee is my code:

mob
pet
dog
tan
icon = 'dog.dmi'
icon_state = "dog"
name = "Doggy"
var
love = 1
peted = 0
proc
Wag()
if(peted == 0)
..()
else
i'm not sure if I should also add flick("dog.dmi",src) here
flick("wag",src)
sleep(10)
..()

verb
Pet(mob/pet/dog/tan in oview(1))
usr << "Good doggy"
src.peted = 1
sleep(20)
src.peted = 0
src.love += 1

I'm trying to make it so when you use the pet verb next to the dog the dog wags his tail.
In response to EvilGotenks
        verb
Pet(mob/pet/dog/tan/O in oview(1))
usr << "Good doggy"
O.peted = 1
sleep(20)
O.peted = 0
O.love += 1
How about trying an approach like this.

mob/dog/tan/verb/Pet()
set src in oview(1)
view(src) << "[src] is being petted"
src.icon_state = "wag"
sleep(20)
src.icon_state = ""
In response to Garthor
you probably shouldnt use flick because tha only shows a VERY short time..... so i would use something like sleep(20)
i dont know if i was very helpfull because you've gotten help.... but at least i tried :)