..()

verb
Pet(mob/pet/dog/tan in oview(1))
usr << "Good doggy"
src.peted = 1
sleep(20)
src.peted = 0
src.love += 1

I have 2 different characters I use here, one is the PC, and the other is the PCs pet(dog). My objective here is to get the verb Pet to appear when you get nexto to the dog and also to make it so once you pet the dog, the dog wags it tail until the verb peted is retunrd to 0.

There are no errors in this, but it just don't do what I want it to do.

A quick little question I would like to have answered also, what does for do and where is a good a spot to use it?

thanks for your help: EvilGotenks
I don't see wag proc called anywhere:)
In response to Super16
I have tried that already, I put it under mob/pet/dog/tan, Then when I put it somewhere else it just messes up, I've also tried a new variable instead of mob/pet/dog/tan I changed it to T, then I put that when the usr uses the Pet verb it switches T.peted to 1 and that still didn't work, which makes me think that is the vars that are messed up
In response to EvilGotenks
It needs to be in a verb or another proc (Click() or Bump())
In response to BurningIce
BurningIce wrote:

No...I need it so when the verb Pet is used by the character next to the dog the dog does wags its tail... so would this work

mob/verb/Pet()
blah blah blah // this is the stuff I already have
if(mob/pet/dog/tan in oview(1))
BurningIce wrote:

No...I need it so when the verb Pet is used by the character next to the dog the dog does wags its tail... so would this work

mob/verb/Pet()
BurningIce wrote:

mob/verb/Pet()
Wag() //call the wag proc

would that work? ~.^
EvilGotenks wrote:
BurningIce wrote:

mob/verb/Pet()

soory for those. I accidently pressed tab(i'm used to doing that when typing code) then I pressed space twice and it sent it
EvilGotenks wrote:
[snip]
soory for those. I accidently pressed tab(i'm used to doing that when typing code) then I pressed space twice and it sent it

You can delete posts which you made and no one else replied to. Feel free to do so. (Okay, feel obligated to do so. I'm just trying to phrase it more friendly. ;) )