ID:1784420

Yay a new layout which looks like it was made in 1990! :D

Just kidding.
To be fair, I think this is more post-geocities / 2004.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
To be fair, I think this is more post-geocities / 2004.

Hah, it's not bad, I still prefer this though - https://web.archive.org/web/20030323125808/http:// www.byond.com/

Good job, will we be seeing any major updates to the forums or game / developer listings at all?
The forums are pretty much unchanged, except for the game updates forum which has a few minor tweaks--mostly since it's not being used for moderators to find pending stuff and list it anymore.
Cloud Magic wrote:
Would love to see a setting for black background with white text.

I personally don't like the changes. :<

I am grateful things are being done regardless though. I appreciate the effort. Sometimes you can't have everything you want. T_T
GatewayRa wrote:
Lavitiz wrote:
I personally don't like the changes. :<

well i love it and think its 1 of the best things theyve ever done

I'm sure I'll come to like it with time.
I think this new look is pretty nice
I dig the white. (Y)
I highly approve of these site changes. All of them! They got rid of the headache and eyesore style. They also replaced that boring grey bar at the top with a big, fiery BYOND ribbon. Also, more consistency with the pager is always a good thing, especially the endlessly scrolling games.

All I can think of changing right now would be to add mouseover effects to the big links on the orange BYOND ribbon. There could be a darker shade or even a blue box that appears around the BYOND logo, Games, Developers, Forums, and More links when moving the mouse over them. I think it would look much more alive that way. Right now it feels strange to see nothing happen.
In response to Multiverse7
Multiverse7 wrote:
I highly approve of these site changes. All of them! They got rid of the headache and eyesore style. They also replaced that boring grey bar at the top with a big, fiery BYOND ribbon.

Gradients are so old school though..

All I can think of changing right now would be to add mouseover effects to the big links on the orange BYOND ribbon.

Agreed, there's nothing to indicate they are links. Underline or a color change when hover state.

In response to A.T.H.K
Honestly I think the links should change into boxes with that same blue color found in the "More^" dropdown menu. It would only make sense if that were the case. Underlines are just too tacky.
Multiverse7 wrote:
Honestly I think the links should change into boxes with that same blue color found in the "More^" dropdown menu. It would only make sense if that were the case. Underlines are just too tacky.

And boxes aren't? Sorry but anything is better than a giant giant around your link that makes no sense.

Color changing is the norm nowadays anyway.
We went with the box! I think it looks pretty good but what the hell do I know :)
In response to Tom
Well it's certainly much better than it was, but wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking more of a full block like this:

(Click to see the full size.)

I think that would better match the "ribbon" style.
Actually, I just realized that you could have those links be tabs that are permanently selected like that, depending on where you are in the site! It could act like a real ribbon interface. Of course, the More^ dropdown would obviously be an exception.
Multiverse7 wrote:
Well it's certainly much better than it was, but wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking more of a full block like this:

(Click to see the full size.)

I think that would better match the "ribbon" style.

I agree that this way would look better.

Multiverse7 wrote:
Actually, I just realized that you could have those links be tabs that are permanently selected like that, depending on where you are in the site! It could act like a real ribbon interface. Of course, the More^ dropdown would obviously be an exception.

This. ^

Just my opinion.

By the way, after I read the announcement post of what was all done with the site(I judged before I checked it out) I'm a lot more pleased. I'm sure the look will grow on me.

Oh, and thanks for the hard work. :)

White is the new White!
My only gripe about with this change is, that it isn't mobile friendly..

Tom and Lummox could of easily incorporated Twitter Bootstrap...
Is posible to search unpublished games in new forum like
few years ago?
Page: 1 2