ID:178469

When objects that have a animated icon are created they do not always start on the first frame, which often it is nesseccary that it start at the first frame. Sometimes the frame that they start on seems random. Is there any way to make it start on the first frame? I asked this once a few months ago but knowone seemed to know at the time. If it is not possible to make it start on the first frame every time I think that will make a good request for me to make in general.
Actually, the problem is (most likely) that it STOPS on a random frame. Check out http://www.byondscape.com/scape.dmb/content/000030/ index.html for some help on this. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what will. :P
In response to Garthor
The problem is not with movement. In fact the objects that I am creating do not move at all. It starts on a random frame when the object is actually created.
In response to Loduwijk
It's not exactly starting on a random frame. If you created several objects with the same icon, you would notice their animation are synchronized, even if some are created later than others.

If you want an animation to start playing from the first frame, you need to use the flick() proc.
In response to Shadowdarke
All of the objects are created at the same time. In fact, it happens at login. When the player firsts logs in it creates an object in the client's screen. I rebooted the game many times, and it would keep starting on a different frame.

And about flick, my objects continually change icon states, so I suppose I could just keep flicking states for them. It seems like more work than should be needed for such a task, but oh well. Thank you.
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
It's not exactly starting on a random frame. If you created several objects with the same icon, you would notice their animation are synchronized, even if some are created later than others.

If you want an animation to start playing from the first frame, you need to use the flick() proc.

Thank goodness for forum find keeping me from re-asking a question!

But since this is over a year old and happened to solve an important item for me, I'm gonna bump it to increase the visibility.
In response to Deadron
Wow, I saw a post there by me and didn't recognise the topic name at first. I thought someone figured out my password and posted with my name. This is an old one.

About Flick() though: I have been trying to stay away from it and work around it lately since it was buggy for a while. Where can we find out what bugs have been fixed so we know whether something will work now?