ID:178471

I need the code where we can make dogs run around and wheny you kill something it will disappear
Bluufire wrote:
I need the code where we can make dogs run around and wheny you kill something it will disappear

I'm not quite sure what you mean on that--although there is no "the code". It sounds to me like you're asking for two different things. Could you be a little more specific on each?

Lummox JR
Bluufire wrote:
I need <font color=yellow>the code</font> where we can make dogs run around and wheny you kill something it will disappear

That's your first mistake right there; "the code" doesn't exsist, there is no one single code for what you're asking for. But a code for what you asked for could be made using walk_rand() and del(), look them up for further details.
In response to Lummox JR
ok I am trying to make mobs run around instead of just staying in one place

i am also trying to make it so if you kill it
it will be delete
In response to Nadrew
lets all get anal about it
You might want to take a look at some code I wrote for a pac-man ghost awhile ago. You could easily tweak it a little, make the ghost a dog, and you'd have a semi-smart dog that chases people to death!

[link]
In response to Bluufire
Bluufire wrote:
ok I am trying to make mobs run around instead of just staying in one place

A looped proc will probably be best for that, or you could use walk_rand(). For a first try, walk_rand() is probably best.

i am also trying to make it so if you kill it
it will be delete

That part's easy:
mob
proc/DeathCheck()
if(health<=0) del(src)

Lummox JR
In response to VyseDyne
VyseDyne wrote:
lets all get anal about it

You're doing it again.

If you're deliberately trying to pick fights, it isn't amusing.

Lummox JR
In response to VyseDyne
Since when is saying that there isn't one single code for something anal?Apparently, all you know how to do is make sexual (usually homosexual) jokes about other people.
In response to Lummox JR
http://www.byond.com/hub/ hub.cgi?qd=hubIndex;hub=1654;channel=1184

That's a tutorial for basically what you want. <font color=red size=4>READ THROUGH IT. DO NOT COPY THE CODE. COPY IT BY HAND AND CROP OUT SECTIONS OF CODE YOU DON'T NEED.</font> It's the only way you are going to learn. Bonus points if you can make another program that does this without using the tutorial.
In response to Lummox JR
Ok, that was very strange...

http://www.byond.com/hub/ hub.cgi?qd=hubIndex;hub=1654;channel=1184

Check that out. It's a tutorial for basically what you want. <font color=red>Read through it, do not copy and paste the code! It's the only way you will learn! Take out parts you don't need and/or replace portions to fit your needs!</font>

(Sorry for the blank post, I dunno what happened...)
In response to Lummox JR
not supposto be amusing you know what he wanted he wanted a code for it and you were all like "Theres no ONE code" because he didnt say how you liked and you got textbook on him.
In response to VyseDyne
VyseDyne wrote:
not supposto be amusing you know what he wanted he wanted a code for it and you were all like "Theres no ONE code" because he didnt say how you liked and you got textbook on him.

Actually he said he wanted the code, not a code, for which I have a completely different rant.

But, given the discussion you turned into a nasty fight in another thread, I suggest you simply stop commenting. All you seem capable of doing is causing trouble, and nobody needs that.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
wow really?