ID:178512

does anyone know how i could make a 32x32 graphical radar show up in the top right corner of a games screen with red dots as items white dots as other players blue dots as objects and 1 black dot in the middle to be the player
there is a lib. on BYONDscape by ebonshadow on how to do this, look it up.

-NilFisk
You would have to visualize a 32x32 grid of squares around a player, and decide what is in each. The players would be directly in the centre of the 32x32 grid, as a black dot. For each square that has an item in it, you add a white dot in the correspondinig position. Hint: associative lists might help here. Then, you just fill in colors for everything that you want colored. After that, you just have create a system where either 1) the radar is updated eery so many ticks, or 2) the radar is updated once for each time atom/movable/Move() is called within a 33x33 (to update for players moving into view), with a max limit to reduce lag. Good luck!

-Lord of Water
In response to Lord of Water
my god, I just dont understand what the deal is with BYONDscape.
it seems that everything good such as libs and the like are all on BYONDscape now and you cant get them without paying!!!!

It just seems like your trying to get money out of us.
That would be fine if Byond could be used to make money, but it cant be, not really.
sure you can charge Byondimes to play, but to be perfectly honest, I think that anyone who pays to play games like this are out of their minds.
I would rather pay $10 a month and play a quality game with good graphics like UO, EQ or DAoC!!!
I dont play them because I dont believe in paying a fee to play something, so why the hell would I pay here?

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I just had to say something.
In response to Mloren
Mloren wrote:
It just seems like your trying to get money out of us.

The boy understands capitalism. Somebody get him a cookie.

That would be fine if Byond could be used to make money,
but it cant be, not really.

Ignoring the fact that your argument makes no sense (If you pay for something, you better be able to make money off it?!? Guess I'm wasting my paycheck on things like cable TV, huh?) there's absolutely NOTHING stopping you from making money off of a game here (not enough to quit your dayjob, but certainly enough to pay $1 a month for a BYONDscape subscription).

Try creating something GOOD first, and then do quite a bit more advertising for it than saying "Hey, new game!" in these forums.

I would rather pay $10 a month and play a quality game
with good graphics like UO, EQ or DAoC!!! I dont play
them because I dont believe in paying a fee to play
something, so why the hell would I pay here?

Because the world isn't free, you spoiled little boy.

Personally, I HAVEN'T paid for any of the games here, but that's mostly because I'm busy working on my own creation. I did buy the blue book (giving me a six-month subscription to BYONDscape) and I'll probably renew my subscription when it's over ($12/year is a BARGAIN).

Most people who are grown-up invest money into the hobbies they enjoy... you might want to try doing the same.

Regards,
Corporate Dog
In response to Corporate Dog

Most people who are grown-up invest money into the hobbies they enjoy... you might want to try doing the same.

Fair enough.
but I am turned off by the idea that in order to make it worth while I would need to send at least the $12 for the years subscription, plus it would be about $15 postage or more, I live in Australia so that comes to about $50.
Thats alot of money that I really dont have.
In response to Mloren
Mloren wrote:

Fair enough.
but I am turned off by the idea that in order to make it
worth while I would need to send at least the $12 for the
years subscription, plus it would be about $15 postage or
more, I live in Australia so that comes to about $50.

Wha? There's no postage involved (unless you're talking about ordering the blue book). It's a web site subscription.

Regards,
Corporate Dog
In response to Corporate Dog
Corporate Dog wrote:
Mloren wrote:

Fair enough.
but I am turned off by the idea that in order to make it
worth while I would need to send at least the $12 for the
years subscription, plus it would be about $15 postage or
more, I live in Australia so that comes to about $50.

Wha? There's no postage involved (unless you're talking about ordering the blue book). It's a web site subscription.

Regards,
Corporate Dog

She meant to send the dimes
In response to Sariat
yes, but in order to get the dimes, I need to send money, from here in Australia, all the way over to wherever (I assume america).
Postage costs lots over that distance
In response to Mloren
Thats what I was saying....
In response to Sariat
Psh. I have never sent in one dime. And before I gave away a few dimes I was up to 150+ dimes.
In response to Mloren
Mloren wrote:
yes, but in order to get the dimes, I need to send money,
from here in Australia, all the way over to wherever (I
assume america).
Postage costs lots over that distance

They also accept PayPal and credit card. No need to send ANYTHING through snail mail.

Regards,
Corporate Dog

In response to Mloren
whats DAoC