ID:178634

In the image objects section in the help it says that if you click on the image object it is like clicking the object that it is attached to, but whenever I click on it it clicks the turf beneath it instead. How do I make it clickable?
Loduwijk wrote:
In the image objects section in the help it says that if you click on the image object it is like clicking the object that it is attached to, but whenever I click on it it clicks the turf beneath it instead. How do I make it clickable?

An image() is always considered to be attached to an atom, like for example a turf, so if you click the image you're clicking the thing it's attached to--whether that's an obj or a turf. (This same rule doesn't apply with screen_loc and client.screen.) If you want clicking the image to only affect the image, then you need to attach it to an invisible obj, and put your Click() proc in the obj.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
But that is the problem. I understood that it is attached to something, I attached it to the usr. I wanted clicking the image to do the same thing as clicking the usr. But when I click on it it clicks the turf beneath the image instead of clicking the image. Why is that?
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:
But that is the problem. I understood that it is attached to something, I attached it to the usr. I wanted clicking the image to do the same thing as clicking the usr. But when I click on it it clicks the turf beneath the image instead of clicking the image. Why is that?

This shouldn't be happening; if it's clicking a turf instead of your player, then the image was created wrong. (Or, you're missing the image's icon and clicking the turf by mistake.)

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
It is actually a picture made up of 6 image objects, I am sure that I am clicking it. The problem must be that I am not using it correctly. Where would I go to find out more about them than the help file has?
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:
It is actually a picture made up of 6 image objects, I am sure that I am clicking it. The problem must be that I am not using it correctly. Where would I go to find out more about them than the help file has?

Well, if you could post the code you're using for the images, that would help a great deal. We could figure out from there what the problem is.

Lummox JR