ID:178691

i am trying to put my game on the hub and i am almost finished with the first version but i cant put it in games live because of Firewall, LAN, and routers can somebody just tell me what Firewall, LAN, and routers are and mabe i can fix them get them (whatever) so i can put it in games live and host it so everybody can join and hawe FUN

Ashcool wrote:
i am trying to put my game on the hub and i am almost finished with the first version but i cant put it in games live because of Firewall, LAN, and routers can somebody just tell me what Firewall, LAN, and routers are and mabe i can fix them get them (whatever) so i can put it in games live and host it so everybody can join and hawe FUN

LAN stands for Local Area Network and is a local network of computers. A router connects a LAN to another network, like a larger LAN, a WAN, or the internet. A firewall monitors network communications and selectively denies or allows access to computers and specific communications ports.

You should read http://www.byond.com/docs/howto/byond_network.html to help you figure out how to host from your network.
In response to Shadowdarke
ok :( it did not work i did not understand what said on the link i will just stop making the game because i can not host it but at least can u tell me how to make people can download it in their own computer the new version and play it alone by themselves :(
In response to Ashcool
You may not be able to host, but you can still connect to other servers if you can find someone trustworthy to host your game. Other people will certainly be able to play multiplayer.

If you still want to distribute your game, do the following:

In Dream Maker, go to the Build menu and select Package. You want to package the executables so that people can play the game without taking your source code, so select the first option. When you click ok, DM will make a zip file of your game's dmb and rsc files.

Now you make a hub entry for the game by going to the BYOND website and clicking the Hub link at the left. Click Create New Hub Entry and answer the promts you recieve. When it asks you to upload the program, you want to upload the zip file DM made for you.