ID:178692

mob

Login()
timer()
usr.name = input("What is your name?")as text
usr.icon_state = input("What is your gender?")in list("Male","Female")
usr = text("Some story line here")
usr = text("some more here")
usr = text("more here:)")
world << "[usr] has logged in"
usr << "Welcome [usr] to Fallout"
view = 6
return ..()

the error is on the line that has view = 6 it says "undefined var". ?? sorry this has confused me.

also could someone help me make text boxes appear at the start containing just some story line? u can see where ive tryed to do that :)
Akarat wrote:
mob

Login()
timer()
usr.name = input("What is your name?")as text
usr.icon_state = input("What is your gender?")in list("Male","Female")
usr = text("Some story line here")
usr = text("some more here")
usr = text("more here:)")
world << "[usr] has logged in"
usr << "Welcome [usr] to Fallout"
view = 6
return ..()

the error is on the line that has view = 6 it says "undefined var". ?? sorry this has confused me.

also could someone help me make text boxes appear at the start containing just some story line? u can see where ive tryed to do that :)

Put your "view = 6" like this:

world
view = 6

Lee
In response to Mellifluous
oooh thx man!!!! ive been needing that heaps!!

umm i hope its not rude of me to ask how to make those text boxes i asked about in my 1st post?? :P
In response to Akarat
Akarat wrote:
oooh thx man!!!! ive been needing that heaps!!

umm i hope its not rude of me to ask how to make those text boxes i asked about in my 1st post?? :P

Text boxes?

What do you mean exactly and no its not rude to ask :)
like i want boxes to come up when people log in. in the boxes is a bit of story line. ive seen it in other games
like for instance the pick gender box says "pick gender" and you choose i just want it to say stuff not for people to choose anything.
In response to Akarat
There are several ways you could create a popup. The easiest is the alert box. You could also use the browse proc to create an html popup with all the power of the Internet Explorer web browser. Another option is to use my MapText or sd_Text libraries to create a popup directly in the map screen, but I doubt that is what you are looking for.

It is probably best to send the story to the browser or the normal text area. I find alert boxes extremely annoying and very ugly.
In response to Shadowdarke
oooh ok ill learn how to send it to the browser thanks shadow and lee u 2'z helped heaps!!!
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
There are several ways you could create a popup. The easiest is the alert box. You could also use the browse proc to create an html popup with all the power of the Internet Explorer web browser. Another option is to use my MapText or sd_Text libraries to create a popup directly in the map screen, but I doubt that is what you are looking for.

It is probably best to send the story to the browser or the normal text area. I find alert boxes extremely annoying and very ugly.

He is on about the alert box, I can tell now. But I agree with Shadowdarke here.

The story should be sent straight to the browser as it looks alot nicer there than it would in an Alert()

Lee
In response to Akarat
Akarat wrote:
oooh ok ill learn how to send it to the browser thanks shadow and lee u 2'z helped heaps!!!

I hope your game goes as planned and gets to be a hit :)

Lee
yeah okay im just tryna make a game with more of a story line because people only start playing for like 10 mins and if there not into it by then they ussually stop. well dats my theory neway:)

thx 4 yah help!! thx heaps and heaps