ID:178726

Is it possible to change the "Ok" button in the alert() window, if so how would I do this?

Also, would it be possible to input if statements into an alert so you get a choice of two/more things to choose from.

IE;

Story Teller Paul is clicked. [Alert comes up]. "Greetings fellow citizen, how are you on this fine day?" (Options: Fine, Ok, Not so great, Bad). Once one of the four options is clicked it switches to its specific if statement. IE;

Say I choose "Not so great", it would go to:

if(choice == "Not so great")
alert("Oh my, what may be the problem?")

I hope you get my point, I will go into further detail ifyou need more.

Lee

[Edit] P.S; I am using alerts() for this because I dont want the player to keep refering back to the story as I am going to have it so the Story Teller's only tell their story once to each specific character.I know I know, it is alittle nasty but hey, it will make it more of a challenge :P
Mellifluous wrote:
Is it possible to change the "Ok" button in the alert() window, if so how would I do this?

Also, would it be possible to input if statements into an alert so you get a choice of two/more things to choose from.

IE;

Story Teller Paul is clicked. [Alert comes up]. "Greetings fellow citizen, how are you on this fine day?" (Options: Fine, Ok, Not so great, Bad). Once one of the four options is clicked it switches to its specific if statement. IE;

> if(choice == "Not so great")
> alert("Oh my, what may be the problem?")
>

The alert() entry in the reference ( http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/info.html#/proc/alert ) tells you exactly how to do this. alert() only allows 3 choices right now, but there has been talk from Tom (long ago) about using a list instead of 3 discreet choices. For now, if you need more than 3 options, you should use input() (or an sd_input() from sd_Text).
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
Mellifluous wrote:

IE;

> > if(choice == "Not so great")
> > alert("Oh my, what may be the problem?")
> >

The alert() entry in the reference ( http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/info.html#/proc/alert ) tells you exactly how to do this. alert() only allows 3 choices right now, but there has been talk from Tom (long ago) about using a list instead of 3 discreet choices. For now, if you need more than 3 options, you should use input() (or an sd_input() from sd_Text).

Ok, thank you VERY much Shadowdarke :)