ID:178729

Say i was to create a sim city game. What would be the best coarse of action for players to create buildings? like make a build verb and click or use the hubmenu?
The best way would probably to use the same things every sim city game used.
I've got plans to make a game like this in the near future... but it will not be Sim City.

LJR
In response to LordJR
I've already got a game like this, it's just not good enough to release to the public.
In response to Foomer
yeah well mine will have many aspects of Sim City, but it will be more futuristic. And the game place will be multiplayer. Actually it will be something I think you'll come to like, as the game will be heavly dependent on player cooperation.

LJR
In response to LordJR
Well right now im getting turfs and buildings. Im putting in the menu and its starting to look cool. What i need is how you can make a verb like thing for the menu so it creates things
In response to LordJR
Actually, mine takes place on a distant planet where you start a colony, and from there it works like simcity. Being on BYOND, it's also multiplayer.
In response to Tazor07
Just make it select that structure when you click on it from the menu. Try to avoid using verbs at all in games like that, at least, not for the building part of it.
In response to Foomer
how would u use a create var to create a new building everytime you click on a turf?
In response to Foomer
Augh.. maybe we should work on this game together!! :P
Thats what mines about too! I choose Mars as the playing fields though. Like a Mars Colony Sim.

LJR
In response to LordJR
im making a complete remake what i need right now is the build code
In response to Tazor07
Tazor07 wrote:
im making a complete remake what i need right now is the build code

Nope, no such thing as that.
In response to Tazor07
umm look at zilads zbt 2 to help the address is http://zilal.byond.com/tutorials/zbt2.html ok.