ID:178745

how would i make it where when the player walks the screen doesnt move untill he gets to the end of the screen then it moves to a new screen where he can walk across with without the screen moving
client
lazy_eye = 2

;/
In response to ShadowSiientx
That doesn't answer his question.
SuperGoku15 wrote:
how would i make it where when the player walks the screen doesnt move untill he gets to the end of the screen then it moves to a new screen where he can walk across with without the screen moving

Lazy eye wouldn't really be suitable here, since if someone enters a screen at an offset angle, things are going to look ugly.

Hrm... there are three ways I can think of for doing that, and none of them are really appealing.

Solution 1: make every "screen" an individual Z level.
Problem:You'd have a nightmare of linking to do.

Solution 2: make "client.eye attractor" objects and put them in your map in the centre of each screen. When the player's mob moves, check all of the eye attractors in range, and move the client.eye to the closest one.
Problem: Probably the easiest out of the trio, but hard to grasp, harder to code, and quite unintuitive for a mapper.

Solution 3: manually define the boundaries of each room, and when the player enters one, move the client eye to a turf in the middle of the room.
Problem: One heck of a repetitive and boring way to make maps.