ID:1787757

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Whenever I try to place an image object (Nested obj for organization purposes) onto the map, it neglects to add anything in that area. The image in question is 1920x1080 and .png format and the map size is 50x50x20 tiles.

Computer Specifications:
Windows 8.1 64-bit Laptop
Intel i7-4500 Dual-Core Processor
Core 1: 1.8 Ghz
Core 2: 2.4 Ghz
8GB RAM
Graphics: On-board (Intel)

What I tried to fix it:
  • Paste image pixels into a fresh .dmi formatted icon, change the code to reflect the newly created icon, then clean compile.
  • Adding it at coordinates 1,1,1 and right clicking, but it claims the tile only contains the default turf and area.
  • Updating BYOND to the latest stable release.
  • Giving the object layer and density the value of 1.
  • Using a non-nested obj. This was in case it inherited null to any variable that couldn't take on that value from the parent.
  • Using add and fill tools as well as right clicking then clicking Insert object.

Back then when the new pager first launched it worked just fine... Any ideas to why the icon isn't being placed on the map?
Are you using Fill or Add? You should be using Add, otherwise you'd have to fill at least 1920x1080 pixels with the object before it'd show up.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Are you using Fill or Add? You should be using Add, otherwise you'd have to fill at least 1920x1080 pixels with the object before it'd show up.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I tried both fill *and* add. -Edits OP-
Best response
Oh, even better: 1920x1080 is greater than your map size (assuming 32x32 icon size), so it doesn't even fit on the map.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Oh, even better: 1920x1080 is greater than your map size (assuming 32x32 icon size), so it doesn't even fit on the map.

Yup, downscaled it to 640x360 and it adds it onto the map! Thanks!