ID:178805

I havn't actually messed with byond for over a few months, so all the changes that have taken place just cause me to go "wow" so what exactly is this HUD that I have been hearing about? *please take note that for personal reasons I am unable to download the "HUD" demo or anything else for that matter* *Being grounded suxxors*
Cryptic wrote:
I havn't actually messed with byond for over a few months, so all the changes that have taken place just cause me to go "wow" so what exactly is this HUD that I have been hearing about? *please take note that for personal reasons I am unable to download the "HUD" demo or anything else for that matter* *Being grounded suxxors*

The acronym HUD stands for Heads-Up Display, and in a game context refers to a graphical display overlaying the map, of vital statistics like player health, ammunition, etc. The term derives from its use in cockpits, where a display is projected onto the canopy in front of the pilot so they can quickly see readouts without diverting their eyes from the field of view ahead.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
much abliged(sp?)