ID:178886

How can I access a list (src.party) from within a proc that didn't have the list passed to it as an argument?
It depends on what "owns" the list... Is it defined as a mob list? A world list? Or just a list initiated for the proc?

If the list belongs to the src of the proc... Calling src.listname is all you need to do... And you can use it in things like
for(mob in src.party)
etc...
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
That's the first thing I tried, but it says src.party is a bad var. The reason I can't pass the list as an argument is because the first proc in the sequence is entered(). Even within the entered() proc, it's a bad var.
In response to Gakumerasara
I see... I assume that the "party" list is defined for a mob?

In that case...you can't call it using src from within a turf proc such as Entered()... The src of Entered() isn't the mob that entered the turf...it's the turf itself... So in that case...the "party" list is a bad variable...because it doesn't belong to the turf...

I suspect that the other proc you are using is also only defined under the turf...so in that case using src also doesn't work...

You could go back to using Entered(), though... Just make it Entered(mob/M) and call the list by M.party...

Or you could even keep using the second proc and pass the M along as an argument...

Entered(mob/M)
Otherproc(M)

Otherproc(mob/M)
M.party

Something like that would work...

Or

Entered(mob/M)
M.Otherproc()

Depending on how he has "Otherproc" setup that is.
In response to Nadrew
If he has "Otherproc" defined as a mob proc...then src.list would work correctly under that proc...

So I assume that "Otherproc" must be defined under turf as well...
it worked, thanks