ID:178896

I'm trying to set a turf square where when I pass over it, it changes a variable in the user's profile to that area. I tried the Enter process, but it makes the square solid. How would I do this to let the user walk over the square and change the area?
you will probely want to add ..() after your enter code
In response to Tazor07
still solid
In response to Rubius
no density or anything show the code
Try using Entered(). It is called after a successful move.
In response to Tazor07
What I normally do and this is something you probably haven't even considered yet, is make both a Entered() and Exited() proc in the turf/

For instance this is how I set up my PK/NON-PK area, also can be used for location changes like Castle to Deep Forest.

turf
icon = 'ground.dmi'
Entered(mob/M as mob)
M.zone = "PK"
Exited(mob/M as mob)
M.zone = "Non-PK"

Granted you must add the variable zone to your mob for this to work. What this does is makes the player's zone = "PK" which allows attacks in this area. If they leave the tile it changes them back to Non-PK status. If you want to make a bigger PK area just add tiles.

Something I've learned to use that works better than tiles as the tiles you use may vary is to make good use of area/
Use the same code as I listed above just change turf to area instead. Also leave the icon, etc stuff blank. Don't put anything there. This way you'll have an invisiable area that can act like a tile and you can place over any tile in that area regardless of the turf used. If your doing something on a larger scale like changing from one make to the other, or a map warp. Then just besure to use Entered(mob/M as mob) in your code and M.yourvarhere <-- Var you wish to change.

LJR
In response to LordJR
That fixed my problem. Sorry it took so long to get back, I haven't been able to work on this until this morning. Anyways, thank you very much.