ID:178903

When is animate_movement checked?

I am trying to turn it on and off in a derived mob's Move() proc before the parent proc is called. (In other words, I'm trying to toggle it before the movement animation would start.) This is not affecting the animation until the next time Move() is called. Unfortunately, I'm usually toggling it back again by then.
ACWraith wrote:
When is animate_movement checked?

I am trying to turn it on and off in a derived mob's Move() proc before the parent proc is called. (In other words, I'm trying to toggle it before the movement animation would start.) This is not affecting the animation until the next time Move() is called. Unfortunately, I'm usually toggling it back again by then.

Eeek. This sounds like a bug to me. The animate_movement var shouldn't be checked until an atom actually moves. At least, "shouldn't" in the sense that it shouldn't have been made to happen differently.

Lummox JR
Same here. I have a roof that, when you enter under it, it gives you an outline. The problem is that, dispite my changing of animate_motion to 0, you still seem to slide in under the roof as a shadow. This is -not- the effect that I want.

-Lord of Water