ID:178950

so after fixing my login thing, i've neglected to mention several things, the game i'm planning is an RPG, and it is supposed to save the character after you log off. now the problem that erupts is in order to do this, i'd have to have an exciting bug.

example:

i assign classes attributes when creating a character, however, once you enter your name, those attributes disappear. now, i know why this is, but when i assign the attributes to the mob, i get errors when trying to run the game. so...

how can i have a successful login where you enter your name, gender, class, etc. without losing either your attributes, your name or the game not saving at all?
Here is a save proc.

client/proc/Save()
var/savefile/F=new("Save Files/[src.ckey].sav")
F<<src.mob
Here is load
client/proc/Load()
var/savefile/F=new("Save Files/[src.ckey].sav")
F>>src.mob
Here is how it saves when someone logsout
client/Del()
src.Save()
..()

Hope I helped.
In response to Super16
the save proc isn't the problem, it's the loss of attributes.
In response to Makiten
Okay, what exactly are "attributes"? Vars? Objs? My guess is they are going away because you are creating a new mob at some point and switching the client. Otherwise any values stored in the mob shouldn't "disappear." As for saving- GET DEADRON'S CHARACTER HANDLING LIB. It simplifies things sooooo much. There is also a demo of class selection as well, which may or may not help you out.... If you subscribe to BYONDScape, you will have access to Deadron's web-based character creation demo, which is quite nifty.

-James