ID:178964

I've been trying to get my battle system transitions to work using different areas, but it's not going anywhere. I have the overworld system finished as well as the battle system, but I can't figure out the transition from one to the other. The closest game I have found to the one I am trying to make is Ultima IV for the NES, where you go from a standard RPG overworld to a tactics-like battle system on a smaller, randomly generated map. So, here's what I need help with:

1. how to add and delete battle areas (map segments?)
a. new ones have to be created when battle is initiated
b. those that are no longer being used should be deleted to make room for others

2. how to create independent and dynamic battle maps
a. terrain layout is randomly generated within certain limits
b. people and monsters are placed on the map on different
squares (monsters at random)

Once I get this fixed, I can begin working on more important game aspects. Thank you for your help.
well there are various random encounter libraries that would help for part of what you say. And also there is I think a library that generates random mazes. Maybe you could alter this so that it generates random maps for you. I don't know I don't work too much with random anything. (except probabilities which I am about to change. Say hello to difficulty BYONDHockey).
If you were to get a subscription to BYONDscape, you could download my map generator/dynamic map creation system.