ID:178986

im making a hacker style game and i wanted to know if i could somehow detect there IP in the login so it would go to there IP var.
Hgame9 wrote:
im making a hacker style game and i wanted to know if i could somehow detect there IP in the login so it would go to there IP var.

Oh my god.
rotflmfao thats rediculous.
*cough* somone forgot there medicine this morning *cough*
- RaeKwon
In response to Vortezz
"Cracker" might be a better choice of words. It refers to someone who cracks into networks. Hackers often get offended when accused of this. They are often too busy coding anyway. ;)

Anywho... I apologize for trying to correct this term istead of offering a solution, but I have not yet used IP much. To tell the truth though, some people might be more comfortable if you used fake addresses.
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:
"Cracker" might be a better choice of words. It refers to someone who cracks into networks. Hackers often get offended when accused of this. They are often too busy coding anyway. ;)

Anywho... I apologize for trying to correct this term istead of offering a solution, but I have not yet used IP much. To tell the truth though, some people might be more comfortable if you used fake addresses.

I know i would. My IP is mine. i dont want just anyone knowing it. i suggest that on login you give them 4 random numbers like an IP then add it to a world list and have it check and see if that combination of numbers is already in use. I will not play that game if it has my IP get put in a var O.o oh and, yea its cracker! not hacker!
In response to dbz73
ok then how would i generate 4 random #s can i get a snippet, im horrible with random things
In response to Hgame9
da da get pff the hacking topic dada..
Hacking / Cracking hmmm gives me an idea
*walks out slowley*
P.S drop it :)
- RaeKwon
In response to RaeKwon
RaeKwon wrote:
da da get pff the hacking topic dada..
Hacking / Cracking hmmm gives me an idea
*walks out slowley*
P.S drop it :)
- RaeKwon

O.o *puts up his other firewalls, and puts down servers to everything* not getting me =P

Oh and to answer his Q,

mob
New()
..()
var/Num1 = rand(1,100)
var/Num2 = rand(1,100)
var/Num3 = rand(1,100)
var/Num4 = rand(1,300)

replace the 100's with whatever
Also, no one will want to play a game that just reports their IP to other people so they can use other hacking programs to kill their PC off. It might be fun to accually make a game with, like was suggested, random numbers that represent their mob's IP. See who has the hacking skills, using different in-game hacking devices, to get into another mobs in-game computer. That might be fun :)