ID:178992

Does Anyone know of a good gm code besides s_admin? Can you send me to link?
Jap wrote:
Does Anyone know of a good gm code besides s_admin? Can you send me to link?

"Code", referring to program code, is not singular. There is no "a" code. It would be "some" code.

Admin code and GM code are two different concepts. A GM, Game Master, has authority over the game. An admin has authority over players in the game, that is, to deal with troublemakers and related issues.

As for a link to some admin code other than s_admin, no, I know of none that's posted.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
i'm not sure if it is one, and i'm also not sure who made it, and just to add to the problem, i'm not even sure if it's still on BYOND. But i think it was called u_control.
In response to Airson
Personally I don't see how the same admin code would work for many games. I mean in my game I'm adding things like jails, and auction bans. And adding that to a pre-done admin lib would just take too long. Just write your own, it's simple enough, and you'll learn while doing it.
In response to Dreq
Dreq wrote:
Personally I don't see how the same admin code would work for many games. I mean in my game I'm adding things like jails, and auction bans. And adding that to a pre-done admin lib would just take too long. Just write your own, it's simple enough, and you'll learn while doing it.

Spuzzums S_Admin works with any game because Spuzzum doesnt actually make his library collide into the actual coding of your game. If he did do that then it wouldnt work as good as it does now, but Spuzzums intention was to create an Administration library that would help the Game programmer to deal with the miscreants that cause havok while in-game.

Whereas when you create your own Administration code, that is actually in your coding and it is meant for your game only, if you posted your game Admin codes for people to use they would get alot of errors and would have to do alot of editing to make it right for their game. I hope you get what I mean by this as both Spuzzums and Your own made GM/Admin codes for your game are for two totally different purposes.

Spuzzums S_Admin is for any type of game made

Yours is for your game and your game only

Lee
In response to Mellifluous
I'm adding a proc called Edit_Atom() to my FileSearch library. It's already done but I want to add some more features before I release another version of it. It essentially lets you change most of the vars of a mob, turf, or obj saved in a savefile in this format:
F << M

It can also be used to edit any mob, obj, or turf ingame. You can change all of the variables of those atoms and add and remove other atoms from their contents.

However, as it has been said. You can use libraries to supliment your Admin/GM code but you ultimately have to make your own.
In response to Airson
Yes, it's still there, I made it and it's there, needing an update, but there. It's got some good features as well as some new ones as soon as I can get BYOND running again and find the lattest U_control package and upload it. (http://www.byond.com/hub/unimatrix/U_control)