ID:179006

how about this... instead of going out and trying to come up with your very own hack'n'slash dbz game you come up with something original and give it an original name and it will contain original ideas and everything about it will have some from your imagination. if you present to me with that kind of originality I and any other byond user will gladly contribute any knowledge we may have to help you make this idea a reality. ok so we will even if you want to make a dbz game... but c'mon we have enough of those already.
Little Sally's game looks promising, not much there yet, but its different. Then again most people always start with good ideas and then either get bored or things get too complicated to work through, so they end their endevours.

I've been making games since a young age, and that was back in the mid-80s. So I can tell you this as fact..

Its much easier to start something, even something original, than it is to finish it. Finishing a game is one of the hardest things to do in the Game Development biz.

LJR
In response to LordJR
at least if it is something original it would an unfinished breath of fresh air... i'm just getting a little frustrated with the whole pbag thing. isn't there just some way to put an end to it. the corruption starts somewhere... and everybody starts out as a newbie.
In response to LordJR
It never hurts to donate dimes to these people who are actually out making something different for their first attempt.

I was rather fond of Deadlocke's first games too, the first one was simple a map of water, mountains, plains and desert, where you picked your race, and could build buildings that'd continually advanced and add to your resources. It was utterly pointless, but naming your buildings and watching your stockpile grow somehow managed to be tons of fun.

The second game you were a "god" and you got to build whatever you wanted within a vast black void. It suffered from problems of players destroying other player's creations though, much as Geo's abandoned Monster World did. It was still fun though, and I plan to improve on both those concepts one of these days...

But anyway, back to the original point, donating dimes to people can really motivate them to keep working on it, since it tells them that people actually notice and like their project enough to give them money for it!
what about a contest... the simplest yet most original, well designed, FUN game.
In response to Canar
Canar wrote:
what about a contest... the simplest yet most original, well designed, FUN game.

Design is hard enough. Judge originality and fun? Okay. 5.
In response to ACWraith
i just want to encourage newbies to explore their options before they go jumping into pbags
In response to Canar
Canar wrote:

Sheep is one of those. So is Snow Boarder
In response to Nadrew
this was supposed to be aimed more towards newbies and it looks like you and zilal made those games. I know you guys can be original...
In response to LordJR
Amen to that. It's quite a hassle. Having finished a program myself, I know that it's quite a hassle.
In response to Lord of Water
WEEEEEEEEE what about my game? I've been hosting it but i dont know if it is because i have the newest version.
Does everyone else have the new version i think it's 312.45 or somthing with .45 on it
In response to Canar
Im new (less than a month) and I made a spy game but, well..... it kinda sucks and noone donates. It also has original inventions and a mission system.
In response to Creatures Of The Night
Oh? I'd like to see it.
In response to Sariat
I bet skysaw would too...
In response to Foomer
But anyway, back to the original point, donating dimes to people can really motivate them to keep working on it, since it tells them that people actually notice and like their project enough to give them money for it!

That's why I never continued any of mine. It just felt like a complete waste of time and no one cared about it.
well i'd say my game but i have Pbags and DBZ characters along with serveral (Non-DBZ) characters but i've already asked for so much help. This is mt first game that why i ask so much. Well since i can't really nominate my game i'll nominate my friends game. his key is 0oALienmano0 and his game is called "Code Name: Jap" its a really fun game (still being made though).