ID:1790307

Looks like the developers of Byond made it so non-published game's updates don't show on the Game Updates section of the forums. I mean let's just make it impossible for original fan-made games to get any hype lmfao.
If fangames were eligible for the Game Updates section, they would absolutely flood out any original games that need the attention much more than a game with a pre-established fanbase.
That's only because yall noobs let rips #1, #2, #3, #4 run rampant. Anyhow I wasn't arguing that we should be on updates It was just annoying for a split second posting an update and noticing "Oh wait It's not showing on the update forums!".

@GatewayRa At least half of byond's playerbase is only here for the fan-games like Naruto, Pokemon, etc. Calm your tits down.

@Albro1 It's okay, Byond's new webclient update makes advertising the game and allowing easy access to the game into a 360noscopes.
@Albro1 It's okay, Byond's new webclient update makes advertising the game and allowing easy access to the game into a 360noscopes.

thats a good way to get sued

Tell that to PokeMMO. Not licensed by Game Freak or Pokemon.
In response to IMangekyouI
Who exactly are you talking about when you say "yall noobs"?

The community surely has no say in what games are made. The mods don't have any control over it either. Nobody can stop you from making whatever game you want. And it isn't the place of anyone on the website to try to moderate what happens in games, especially when there is already the laissez-faire policy in terms of what games are made. So, to make sure the point gets across, *nobody has any power to control "rips" except the people that let their source get leaked in the first place*.

Lol.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Who exactly are you talking about when you say "yall noobs"?

The community surely has no say in what games are made. The mods don't have any control over it either. Nobody can stop you from making whatever game you want. And it isn't the place of anyone on the website to try to moderate what happens in games, especially when there is already the laissez-faire policy in terms of what games are made. So, to make sure the point gets across, *nobody has any power to control "rips" except the people that let their source get leaked in the first place*.

Lol.

Whoaaa keep your noscopes to a minimum please, I was just in the moment I wasn't calling you a noob. However I'm not saying you aren't..
I wasn't assuming you were calling me a noob. I was just wondering who you were. It sounded like you wanted to blame someone or a group of people for letting "rips run rampant", and I wanted to clarify any misunderstandings you might have about how much control anyone has over "rips".
Oh and one point to be made, the community does have somewhat a say what rips make it in byond. If you take a gander at rip example #1 you'll notice the sheer amount of byond fannage going on. Hence the 'community' is aiding rips across byond.
Coming to the forums doesn't solve much, though. There's only a handful (I can't really think of any by name) of people that play rips that actually come to the forums. These forums used to be (Don't see it much anymore, thankfully) full of the "elitist" attitude and people who spat on rips, or any fangames, really.
^ One point that supports what GatewayRa said is unless your some new noob to Byond you'd know the Byond owners USED TO delete rips the moment a hub was listed(arip)
They used to, yes, but they have since stopped doing so. They have stopped messing with any games, really. This recent site update solidified that even further with the new game classifications. The only things mods are really needed for now (in relation to games) are to make sure things are classified correctly.

The BYOND developers are winding things to a close. They will be stopping development and open-sourcing the software. This is just another step in that direction for them.
Sounds to me like you're letting them 360noscopes you.
Perhaps.
GatewayRa wrote:
i wouldn't say that it's void, nadrew even said there's full suite software bans still dormant in the underlying implementation. so yeah, they still have power over games.
Interesting.

they're not going to open source it

Here's a quote from Tom's latest thread:
"Furthermore, we would fully open-source the software so that people could continue developing it long after we're gone! Open-sourcing is actually something we're eventually planning regardless, since we recognize that there are many capable people here who would like to get under the hood and improve the tools; it's just a bit complicated in our case due to the interconnected nature of the software and hub."
Eh. I don't mind either way. It might be pretty interesting, seeing what happens to it after it is open-sourced.
Wanna-be developers will ruin it like example #1. trololo 360noscopes will be endless, I'll have to go back to the wide plains of Africa.
GatewayRa wrote:
Albro1 wrote:
Eh. I don't mind either way. It might be pretty interesting, seeing what happens to it after it is open-sourced.

theres been partial byond remakes if ur interested in seeing them
people familiar with low level programming dont need tom at all

sometimes theyre even ashamed that they can do better than him

I'd like to see please.
I'll PM you Winged Dragon of Ra
Mann, is noob a thing again? Just let it die. It wasn't cool then and it's twice as lame now.

Honestly, I haven't seen a twelve year old 'troll' in forever, but I had hoped it had at least evolved past "360noscope".
You know my age so you must secretly know who I am as well :O! Stalker?
Page: 1 2