In response to IMangekyouI
Or you could just call me daddy. Son, I am disappoint.
How.. can that be? My journey as a Giraffe has long since been my only goal and/or interest... However! My dad is an eagle? Dad, I've been dodging noscopes left and right in the wide plains of Africa for almost two years now. How can you call yourself a father if you couldn't even protect me from the #360noscopesbackfliptrannyscopes?
I left because you sucked as a child and you suck now.

#DaddyIssues? #Yes
Relevant.

I question why his posts are bold.

Also, why should it matter if you are in the game updates or not? Just advertise off BYOND. You won't get far with the small player base BYOND has to offer compared to the billions of other suckers in the world who will slave hours at a monitor to play your game by running back and forth to level up and hitting logs too.

Or are you so intent on getting BYOND sued, ultimately eradicating the game updates forum as a whole?
Let me just quote something I said prior in the conversation because you're clearly too much an idiot to read.

"Anyhow I wasn't arguing that we should be on updates It was just annoying for a split second posting an update and noticing "Oh wait It's not showing on the update forums!"."
Let's be nice here, and let's also be honest. Your entire first post was just a complaint about fangames not being shown in Game Updates.
You're right I just let some inner daddy issue rage escape ;(. Forgive me senpai! However what I did say was true the problem wasn't actually the problem I just wanted to 360noscopes some noobs.
IMangekyouI wrote:
Let me just quote something I said prior in the conversation because you're clearly too much an idiot to read.

I don't spend all day reading repetitive threads. I skim through and state my opinion on the first post. Nobody has time to waste when your argument isn't going to get you the answer you're looking for. Anybody who goes and reads this entire post without initially being a part of it is an idiot who could have been spending that time bettering their life by actually doing something beneficial.

I feel as if this thread isn't going to get anywhere. Ever. So, your best bet would be to advertise however you can. Which, in this case, is not in the Game Updates section.

Edit: You'll probably come back with some l33t #420blazeit response. Just know you're wasting your time. I'm unfollowing this post. Good luck in your future endeavors. I hope your advertising goes well.
IMangekyouI wrote:
Looks like the developers of Byond made it so non-published game's updates don't show on the Game Updates section of the forums. I mean let's just make it impossible for original fan-made games to get any hype lmfao.

Because advertising your game on BYOND is the best way to get players..

/sarcasm
All right, two things need to stop: the flaming and the pointless bold.

I'd like to clear a few things up here. First, as to why fangames aren't listed in Game Updates. We went back and forth on this a lot. Before the last update they were hidden, as were pending games. Now the distinction between pending and fangame is moot, blending both into Unpublished, and at first we went ahead with showing all of them. However, this ended up really cluttering the Game Updates forum. Ultimately, Tom made the call that it looked better without them there, and I agreed. Plus, we want to encourage serious developers to promote their work offsite anyway, because only advertising to the BYOND community limits the potential player pool.

Second, no, we really couldn't get rid of all rips if we wanted to. Rips are hard to deal with--it's hard to even be sure if a game is a rip or not, and in the distant past we even used to end up with squabbles over who ripped whom. For a while we had moderators handling that sort of thing, and it worked to a point, but some rips still slipped through the cracks and the mods just couldn't keep up. This was a pointless arms race and we simply decided to stay out of it.

And whatever Nadrew said about software-wide bans, I'm pretty sure he was referring only to the hub. There's absolutely nothing in place that would, for instance, prevent a banned user from still creating games with Dream Maker and testing and playing them on his own.
Yeah thanks @Lummox JR; only problem I'm confused on is why I can't use bold o.o
The bold text is really annoying and hard to read. Just use it when it's appropriate, please.
O' course.
GatewayRa wrote:
According to him it banned access from the entire suite. Thank you for the clarification-- he either terribly misworded what he said or lied.

Except I never said that, I said it would restrict your access to the hub and pager, and even made it a point to note that it didn't prevent you from making or joining games (if said games don't require hub authentication). You seem to "quote" me a lot on things I've never said, most of what you're quoting is third-party information that you have no way of validating. So you should probably stop saying people are saying things they've never even come close to saying.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
GatewayRa wrote:
According to him it banned access from the entire suite. Thank you for the clarification-- he either terribly misworded what he said or lied.

Except I never said that, I said it would restrict your access to the hub and pager, and even made it a point to note that it didn't prevent you from making or joining games (if said games don't require hub authentication). You seem to "quote" me a lot on things I've never said, most of what you're quoting is third-party information that you have no way of validating. So you should probably stop saying people are saying things they've never even come close to saying.

Or maybe you should just stfu and stay put. Let this thread die like it should and not respond cupcake.
Argh. Since the flames aren't stopping, I'm locking this thread.
Page: 1 2