ID:179033

ok sorry for asking for codes so much guys but can someone tell me a demo or whatever where i can find a code so i can create clans??
Here's your code snippet:

obj
clan
desc = "This is a clan. Impressive, huh?"

Not quite what you're looking for, is it? I don't think anyone's made a "clans" demo yet. That's the problem with coding from snippets... it makes it impossible to create anything that no one else has done before. Depressing, huh?

I suggest, instead of looking for codes, you learn how to code instead.

Let's start with this "clans" problem.

For one thing, you have to realize that there is no such thing as a "clan"... not in the computer's terms. You have to define it yourself, just like you define everything in your world.

So, the first question is, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

"Make clans!" is not an answer, because there's no such thing as clans until you make them.

"Make different clans and have a way for players to join them or start their own" is slightly better... but still not great. How do you want players to be able to join them? What benefits and costs will joining a clan entail? What are the criteria for starting a clan, if possible? Is clan membership broadcast/displayed publicly? Do clans play a larger role in the "story" of the game? Will clan membership be integral to the magic system, the battle system, or any of your game's other(theoretically unique) systems?

The essence of programming is breaking your idea down, very tiny step by very tiny step, and then explaining that idea to the computer. If you can manage to describe exactly what it is you want to do in English, you stand a much better chance of managing to describe it in DM... and you're much more likely to get help on the Forums.
In response to Lesbian Assassin
ok what i'm trying to get is the code to allow me (GM) to create clans and let the clan leaders make people part of the clan. Dragon Ball AF is an example. on that game the master GM can create clan leaders and those clan learders can make people part of the clan. How do i make it so I can do that??
In response to Alienman22774
is there even a code that will allow me to do this. Thats kinda a stupid question because they have them in Dragon Ball AF. n e way. can someone PLZ post a link or the code??

P.S. can someone also tell me a link to make a bartender.

thanks

Alienman
There's not a code that's already been made, and I'm not even about to post a code for it; maybe you should learn how to code and make one yourself.
Give up now man... Go learn to code, before you ask for codes.... The very fact that you ask for CODES like your playing some Nintendo game or something and trying to unlock the Mysterious CLAN mode of BYOND!!??? BLAH! :P

LJR
In response to LordJR
that is why i said tell me a link so i can get the code (in other words. Learn the code!!)
Alienman22774 wrote:
that is why i said tell me a link so i can get the code (in other words. Learn the code!!)

There is no links.. that I know of

mob/GM
verbs
Kick(mob/M in world)
set category = "GM"
del (M)

There you go, now a tab called GM will appear, and it allows you to kick people out of your game. But not perment. Examine this code because you can go from here and make lots of other GM type codes.

LJR
Alienman22774 wrote:

Read his post again... he didn't tell you to learn "the code". There is NO "the code." He told you to learn to code. When you know how to code, you can write code that will do whatever you need it to, whenever you need it to.

Even if someone gave you the exact same code used in Dragonball AF, it's doubtful you could make it work just by plopping it in your own game. It probably would need to be customized to fit your own game's existing code... and how would you customize code you don't understand?
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Lesbian Assassin wrote:
[snip]
The essence of programming is breaking your idea down, very tiny step by very tiny step, and then explaining that idea to the computer. If you can manage to describe exactly what it is you want to do in English, you stand a much better chance of managing to describe it in DM... and you're much more likely to get help on the Forums.[/snip]

Very well said. You should do a BYONDscape article on this, im sure many people would benefit from it(Although I have my doubts wether the people who really really need to learn this read BYONDscape anyways).