ID:179039

Hey,
How do I make a title screen style thing (MLAAS has a "title screen" as such). Is it a picture split into DM squares, created into a map?
Or is there a different, easier way??
Fliint
Just make players start on a map layer that contains a title image and set their mob to a harmless observer type. Then once they join the game, move them into a proper mob and onto the correct play map.
You can place .bmp files on the map which is how most people do it. Some people split them into many tiles and place them on a seperate map, then when someone logs into their game they're taken to that map and after a certain amount of time they're moved to the proper map where the game takes place.
Using the map to make title screens has been the normal method for a while. However, with the new popup browser windows (in the beta version), you could make a "splash screen" that popups up containing only your title graphic. This method would also take a little less work than the old one. As far as I know, it hasn't been done yet, but the idea is quite sound.

[Edit:] I should add that neither method is particularly a newbie one. If you're really new to BYOND, you might want to hold off for a while.

-AbyssDragon