ID:1790655

(See the best response by Zecronious.)
Is there any way to make custom mouse cursors display properly when not hovering over map controls? This is for the Win Client.
Okay so let me ask a stupid question. What's going wrong with the current system for mouse pointers?

They do not apply when hovering over different controls.
Best response
I came up with a really hackish way but it seems BYOND is insistent on making it work with maps and infos only.

My hackish way was to add an info control to the interface, place it behind all other controls and then stretch it fill the entire interface. Finally I set the x and y coordinates to be in the negatives and the width and height to be greater than the size of the window.

You obviously wouldn't use it for anything except a background but you can change it's color just like a normal background and your mouse pointer will work on it.

You'd have to ask someone like Lummox to fix it properly, mine is definately a reallly hackish way and it's not perfect.
Well, it's a temp solution that will work for now. I appreciate the help. Tomorrow after I move I'll look into setting it up and trying it out.