ID:179069

ok so I just figured out how tempremental the compiler realy is i did not havea few words capitalized that needed to be the engine seems a little inconsistant with what it wants capitalized and what it doesnt but I guess I will learn that later im just glad it showed no errors finally.

However a new problem has arized I ran the program and my world is nothing but a black void.

please help
Do you have ..() somewhere in your Login code?
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Do you have ..() somewhere in your Login code?

mob
icon = 'person.dmi'
var

hp = 10
str = 5
def = 2

turf
grass

icon = 'person.dmi'
icon_state = "grass"

turf
water

icon = 'person.dmi'
icon_state = "water"
density = 1

world
name = "my first game."
turf = /turf/grass
view = 5

mob
Login()
usr.icon_state = input("what gender?") in list ("male","female")
usr.Move(locate(1,1,1))

I believe thats how its supposed to look and the compiler doesnt report any errors.
any help would be appreciated. thank you
In response to Treasurecat
mob
Login()
..()
src.icon_state = input("what gender?") in list ("male","female")
src.loc = locate(1,1,1)

Try that, and see if it works.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
mob
Login()
..()
src.icon_state = input("what gender?") in list ("male","female")
src.loc = locate(1,1,1)

Try that, and see if it works.

well progress is progress. now instead of a big black void I have my character in the middle of the screen with the top right part of the screen being the correct color also I can not move my character.

could you explain why it source would be better to use in this situation then user?

and if by some miracle you can figure out my problem let me know thank you
ok I messed around a little bit and figured out that the dark space is just off the map and changeing my characters local gets rid of that.
my big question now is why my character is not moveing. I tell him to but he wont. the arrows dont do anything and obviously im missing something.
please help.
thanks.
In response to Treasurecat
You seem to be using my game tutorial.. Ive fully compiled the code included in my tutorial, and its fine. Is your character on a dense object? Do you have the Move() proc defined?

-Rcet
In response to Rcet
Try this:
mob
Login()
usr.icon_state = input("what gender?") in list ("male","female")
usr.loc = locate(1,1,1)

In response to Rcet
yes im sure its just me I had the density on water turned on and my world map is having a hard time distinguising between grass and water for some reason. but my guy is finaly moving thaks.