ID:179075

What is the code to make a juke box? I want to be able to allow people to play Midis if they want to.
Stop asking for "the" code it doesn't exsist! If you can't learn that how do you expect to learn how to code, freebie code gets you nowhere.
In response to Nadrew
FINE!!! "A" CODE!!! ARE U HAPPY NOW!!!??? "A" CODE!!!
In response to Alienman22774
A little better except for the caps, but I'm in a good mood today.

obj/Jukebox
icon = 'Jukebox.dmi'
icon_state="off"
density = 1
verb/Play_music(S as sound)
set src in oview(1)
src.icon_state = "on"
world<<sound(S)
In response to Nadrew
thanks
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
A little better except for the caps, but I'm in a good mood today.

Wow Nadrew, you must be in a Very good mood today =) something nice must have happened.
In response to dbz73
dbz73 wrote:
Wow Nadrew, you must be in a Very good mood today =) something nice must have happened.

Nope, nothing nice.. I broke up with my girlfriend about an hour ago..
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
dbz73 wrote:

Nope, nothing nice.. I broke up with my girlfriend about an hour ago..

Oh.. is that a good thing to you or bad?
What to ask: How would I go about making a jukebox that will play midis?

What not to ask: I want to make a jukebox, can someone give me the exact code for it, and tell me where to put it into the code?

Learning to code is much better than asking for code. You fall right into one of the categories here. If you have the patience, read that, and maybe you'll learn something.

"but I don't wanna learn, this isnt school"

Then forget about coding, because you'll never figure it out.
In response to WizDragon
I strongly disagree that Alienman is a bad newbie, much less a perfect example of one. He makes the common mistake of asking for "the code for" such-and-such, but he's been fairly decent about it. He even moved his original Code Problems post on another thread to here when I explained that was the wrong forum; I've seen others just get snotty.

I've seen some pretty bad newbies; I wouldn't count Alienman among them.

Lummox JR