ID:179116

Good day,
I would like to somehow check players "dream seeker" version at run time and display error message if it is outdated.
Client entity does not have 'version' var and I didn't found any clues, how to do it in on-line help and reference.
I would like something like this:
mob/player
Login()
if( client.version<312 )
usr << "Sorry, your 'dream seeker' version is outdated. You can't play this game. Download an update at www.byond.com"
else
return ..()
I need this, becouse players use old "dream seekers" versions and complain about 'game mistakes', where players with new 'dream seeker' versions does not have any problems.

Thanks in advance.

Kestutis
I think what you are looking for is DM_VERSION.. As in the reference the example is
#if DM_VERSION < 230
#error This compiler is too far out of date!
#endif

Just change it around to your liking.

-Rcet
In response to Rcet
Rcet wrote:
I think what you are looking for is DM_VERSION.. As in the reference the example is
> #if DM_VERSION < 230
> #error This compiler is too far out of date!
> #endif
>

-Rcet

hmm I think I saw that code somewhere.. ;0
In response to Rcet
Good day, Rcet,

But DM_VERSION is for _compiler_ (Dream maker) or I don't understand something ? And this is for _compile time_, I guess.
And I need to check Dream Seeker version, player uses.

Kestutis

You wrote:
> #if DM_VERSION < 230
> #endif
>
In response to Rcet
Rcet wrote:
> #if DM_VERSION < 230
> #endif
>

-Rcet

O.O endif thats like visual basic O.O
None of the other replys are what you need, the newest beta has a byond_version var to it, look it up.
Kestutis wrote:
Good day,
I would like to somehow check players "dream seeker" version at run time and display error message if it is outdated.
Client entity does not have 'version' var and I didn't found any clues, how to do it in on-line help and reference.
I would like something like this:
mob/player
Login()
if( client.version<312 )
usr << "Sorry, your 'dream seeker' version is outdated. You can't play this game. Download an update at www.byond.com"
else
return ..()

I requested something like this recently for the same reasons. Fortunately, Dantom responded by putting it into the latest beta (b41/312):
if(client.byond_version<world.byond_version)
src << "Sorry, but you need to upgrade."
del(src)

Currently world.byond_version should be 312; it doesn't get into specific numbers for the various betas, though.

Lummox JR