ID:179125

Hiya!

First (sorry for my poor english, I speak spanish).

Im working in a new game, based on jappanesse tales of samurai, ninjas, shugenjas and onis like demons. I want to introduce a challenge system (Iaijutsu challenge), where players challenge other players in order to gain more power, honor or gold. I was thinking in use something like Challenges that DBZ game use.

Can u help me with this?

Thanks

Alvaro Muņoz (Key: Hittokiri)
I want to move the usr and the src to a location (x,y,z), then I want to make some actions.

If the challenge is accepted, both players must be moved to the location and must choose "Focus" or "Strike". If the src (first the src, then the usr) choose focus, his Focus value (a var called focus) increase in rand(1,4). Then, usr must choose "Focus" or "Strike", and so on, until a player choose "strike".

When a player call a "strike", then the player with highest Focus value wins the duel. This will be a Iaijutsu Challenge.

Then, both players must be moved to his last locations.

In a iaijutsu Duel, same thing, but the challenge not end in the strike. Both players must fight until one die. When a player call a "strike", then the highest focus value make damagex3 to the looser, and the battle begin.

plz, help me...I want to make the game, because can be a great game, but I dont know too much about code.

Thx
In response to Hittokiri
You might want to make a decision on what happens when the focus of the warrior and the focus of the warrior's opponent are equal.

To move the warriors to different locations, study the Move() proc along with the loc, x, y, and z vars.

To make actions, study verbs.

You were given some code for a challenge (id:66485). I think the trick will be how you decide to take turns.

Coding is a required skill for making a BYOND game. You seem to be able to describe the system very well. I suggest trying to code it yourself so that you don't get held back. If you get stuck, you can post what you have. People will be much more willing to help if they see you have put some effort into it. (It is sometimes hard to tell the people who are having problems from the ones who are trying to get others to do their work for them.)

If you really do not want to do any coding but still want to make a BYOND game, I suggest trying to join a development team. Someone in the team will need to be able to code, but it does not have to be you. Just make sure you have something to donate to the team.

PS: I realize you were told to post in this group and I agree. However, in the future you may wish to put your information into a single post so that people don't mistake you for bumping. :)