ID:179151

Hello all,

If you guys like poker, please give this fella a try. I do think I've worked out the kinks in the engine, but I'd like some help with how to actually use the map better.

http://www.byond.com/hub/hub.cgi?hub=Bootyboy/TexasHoldem

At any rate, to start the game, just click on "join game", and add either callbot or raisebot, or both if you'd like. This is not a polished product, and I need some feedback on what would make this more playable and fun as a "Byond.Party" game.

Of course, please please let me know of any bug you see.

Regards,
-Booty
the only bug i've seen so far is that you can't check (even if bet is $0) -- it says it's an invalid action. However, you can callbet to get around it. Also, I waited 60 seconds and nothing happens. I assume you just haven't added the code yet to auto-fold a slow player.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. 60 seconds might be too long (esp. with the number of players who could potentially be at a table). I think 30 seconds should be plenty if the player is paying attention. You might even add a bell sound to alert a player to their turn in case they are web-surfing or something.

2. the numbers on the cards are a bit hard to read (I thought I had a pair o' 3's, but it turned out to be 9 and 3), so you might want to enlarge them.

Otherwise, it looks great!