ID:179152

How can I get rid of the pop-up choice window when a verb has two or more targets that satisfy its requirements?
Loop using for() instead of passing it into an input(), or the verb arguments. Here's a small example:

mob/verb/Look()
for(var/mob/M in oview())//Loops through all the mobs within oview
usr<<"You see [M] first!"
break//stops the loop after it finds the first thing that meets it's requirements
In response to Nadrew
got it, thanks

one other thing though . . .

I restructured my program so that it looks kind of like this:

mob
PC
[player type]
var
[HP, etc.]
verb
[spells, attack, etc.]
NPC
[NPC type]
var
[HP, etc.]

I want to have every different type of mob start with a different value for certain things like HP, but when I try to compile the program, it gives me errors because the spells and other things under verb can't see the defined variables. I tried to fix this by moving the player's variables to mob/var, and it did solve that problem, but it didn't like the fact that the vars were being redefined for the NPCs. Any ideas on what I should do differently?
In response to Gakumerasara
Gakumerasara wrote:
I want to have every different type of mob start with a different value for certain things like HP, but when I try to compile the program, it gives me errors because the spells and other things under verb can't see the defined variables. I tried to fix this by moving the player's variables to mob/var, and it did solve that problem, but it didn't like the fact that the vars were being redefined for the NPCs. Any ideas on what I should do differently?

Any vars, such as HP, that affect all mobs--or all mobs of a certain type, anyway--should be defined for all mobs or all mobs of that type, like this:

mob
HP=100

red
icon='red.dmi'
blue
icon='blue.dmi'

The same of course goes for procs.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
That's what I did, but it says that I've redefined the variables even when they are specified under different mobs.
In response to Gakumerasara
never mind, I figured out my problem . . .

I didn't realize that when you change variables that have already been declared for another groups that you can't use var again.