ID:179179

This is something that's been bothering me for a while now...and it's extremely prevalent around here...

No...I'm not asking anything... I'm sharing some insight with those that may need it...

Questions like the above should NEVER be asked...

To put it quite simply...there is virtually NOTHING that you can't do with BYOND... (aside from 3D graphics, and other limitations)... But ability-wise and code-wise...the sky is the proverbial limit...

Anything that you can think up can probably be done... So any question that starts out as "Can I..." is an automatic "YES, YOU CAN!" So don't bother asking...

And for the ones that say "Is there a code to..." The simple reply for this one is that there is a code for nearly EVERYTHING... It's just that some of them haven't been written yet... Only YOU (the game programmer) can write a piece of code that fits your game... So if you need a piece of code...figure it out yourself and write your own version that will work for you... Feel free to ask for help/suggestions/tips/etc on HOW to do so... But never ask for code... There isn't just one code for [blank]... You can do everything in an infinite number of ways...each designed by the game they're written into...

So if you find yourself wanting to ask one of the above types of questions... DON'T...

Thank you...that is all (for now...lol)

P.S. Of course this isn't for everyone in here... But it's for a LOT of you...