ID:179201

Hello all,

Simple question. I'd like to add wins/losses and high scores my Jeopardy game. I'd like to keep this information on the main server (i.e. byond.com). Can someone provide the APIs to get me started on this?

Regards,
-Booty
Bootyboy wrote:
Hello all,

Simple question. I'd like to add wins/losses and high scores my Jeopardy game. I'd like to keep this information on the main server (i.e. byond.com). Can someone provide the APIs to get me started on this?

Check out

byond://Deadron.ClientServer

It doesn't show high scores, but it does show you how to set up communication to a server, and high scores are a pretty simple task once you can do that.

Fortunately, server communication is extremely easy in BYOND.

You will need a server you are running it off of, though, and Dantom hasn't been accepting new accounts for a while.
In response to Deadron
Thanks Deadron,

I'm at work and behind a firewall, so I'll try it out at home tonight.

Regards,
-Kurtis

Deadron wrote:
Bootyboy wrote:
Hello all,

Check out

byond://Deadron.ClientServer

It doesn't show high scores, but it does show you how to set up communication to a server, and high scores are a pretty simple task once you can do that.

Fortunately, server communication is extremely easy in BYOND.

You will need a server you are running it off of, though, and Dantom hasn't been accepting new accounts for a while.