ID:179203

1)I want the side chat menu gone.
2)I want it full screen
3)I want my own special chatroom(press enter and a little box appears above your head as a thinking bubble and you press enter and it turns to a saying bubble so the world can see it).
4)I don't want pager
5)No browser
6)No stupid File, About, Help and all
7)No arrow keys beside the BYOND logo
8)No byond logo there to annoy people

Thats all my demands before I kill the presidant!!!
JK

I wanna know if those can be solved or if they ever will be solved!
BYOND has most of those (pager banner) because they want it, pager is to keep in touch, and banner is so people don't rip them off and say it's their own. This may be changed, but don't expect it anytime soon.
Goku984 wrote:
They're working on that.

2)I want it full screen
Not until #1 is gone :oP

3)I want my own special chatroom(press enter and a little box appears above your head as a thinking bubble and you press enter and it turns to a saying bubble so the world can see it).

Subsribe to BYONDscape and get sd_Text library. It'll let you do that, but it'll cost you 10 dimes.

4)I don't want pager
I've requested a stripped-down version of DS many times, but I'm not sure it's happening soon.

5)No browser
I don't know about that one.

Probably not.

Maybe someday.

So are commercials but they aren't going away.

Basically, keep in mind that BYOND is far from 100% completed. They've been working far more on functionallity than they have on the glitz factor. I'm sure most if not all the things you requested will be available eventually, but if you want 'em, you'll have to sit back and wait a while.
In response to Nadrew
But its my server and I don't want ads and all that crap on it!

It shouldn't "be" byonds game.
I have my own server and all they do is provide you with a webpage and a simple compiler.

I don't want BYOND to own my game! I want to have complete control over it without having to decompile every file and edit it to my needs!
In response to Goku984
I agree. BYOND is a great program, but I think most of the things on Dreamseeker would be better off looking like telnet. Wouldn't you get annoyed if telnet suddenly started spouting mudconnector.com advertisements or something?
In response to Foomer
Well BYOND's deal is just plain stupid!

Is there any other way to make it so you can connect to a server?

I tried using my own C++ compiler but it runs off of Dreamseeker and the only way to edit that is with decompilers which cost way tooooo much!
In response to Goku984
Stupid isn't a good word for it. Since BYOND is free, you can't really complain. All you can do is request and request again!
In response to Foomer
BYOND is a compiler that made a language so that people can't use it anywhere else.

BYOND is just a compiler which adds advertisments and all its crap and made its own simple programming language!

thats it! Its the same as a compiler but with its own file types and what not!
In response to Goku984
Goku984 wrote:
BYOND is a compiler that made a language so that people can't use it anywhere else.

BYOND is just a compiler which adds advertisments and all its crap and made its own simple programming language!

BTW:
Is there any other way to launch the game!!??
In response to Goku984
Goku984 wrote:

No, it is a C-like language desined to make it easy for people to build multi user applications with graphic, sound, save, etc. functionality built in.

Do you not realize the creators have to have some way to publicize creations and maybe someday make money? How many compilers and 'simple' programming languages have you ever put together?

So then it's the same..but not! Try thinking before you post.

If you want customization, that's fine. But it's not a priority. Maybe when you stop ranting and start actually *coding* you'll see that BYOND is one of the best things out there. But seeing as how your keyname is Goku<whatever>, I am probably wasting my breath.

-James
In response to Jmurph
Jmurph wrote:
Goku984 wrote:

No, it is a C-like language desined to make it easy for people to build multi user applications with graphic, sound, save, etc. functionality built in.

Do you not realize the creators have to have some way to publicize creations and maybe someday make money? How many compilers and 'simple' programming languages have you ever put together?

So then it's the same..but not! Try thinking before you post.

If you want customization, that's fine. But it's not a priority. Maybe when you stop ranting and start actually *coding* you'll see that BYOND is one of the best things out there. But seeing as how your keyname is Goku<whatever>, I am probably wasting my breath.

-James

Jeez....
You should have thought before you posted too....
I said it "adds in advertisments and everything" and is a compiler.
Other compilers don't add in advertisements

All I want is for it to be my game and not BYONDS.
Thats it!
Thats all I want.
And if you think that I am stupid because you think that I make DBZ games which I'm not.
I only have this username because all the other usernames I wanted were tooken!
In response to Goku984
You could launch it through DD but right now there is no way to play a BYOND game without ads, and all the stuff you rediculously demanded be removed.

(Excuse my grammar, I haven't been in a English class in over a year. I just started the other day so it will get better.)

Dream Daemon just lets you host without having to be in the game youre hosting. But that doesn't solve your problem, does it? And if you really want to make YOUR own game and have it not be BYOND's. Why don't you go create you're own GMUD client and make your game there... And really... I think Dantom should add some kind of system in Creating a key that doesn't allow anything DBZ related... Because yes, DBZ names with numbers is quite annoying.

-Raven-
In response to Goku984
Goku984 wrote:
I said it "adds in advertisments and everything" and is a compiler.
Other compilers don't add in advertisements

Then use another compiler, we won't miss you a bit.

All I want is for it to be my game and not BYONDS.

It is yours. If you can't accept the extras that come with it then use another compiler, we won't miss you a bit.

I only have this username because all the other usernames I wanted were tooken!

Oh, I see. And Goku hasn't been taken?

Many of us have requested similar features.* You demand them like a spoiled child. Do you really expect a favorable response? Dantom will go a long way to work with developers who use their system.

*<font size=-1>(A few have even taken steps to impliment the style of interface you mention, despite the apparent limitations. There are three chat balloon libraries floating around and one or two for map window based input.)</font>
I'd be surprised if you're over the age of 8. You want everything, and you want it NOW. How would you like it if you spent over 2 years designing something, only to have some idiot come up and say it sucks? The nerve of you!

If you want it to be *your* game, then it is your game. End of story. BYOND is not really responsible for anything you make.

Another thing, DM is only supposed to be used in BYOND. C++ is different. All the programming languages aren't the same, you know.

Anyone with a DBZ name is automatically an idiot, with very few exceptions, because A) you weren't creative enough to think up a better name, B) you might make yet another DBZ game, which we DO NOT need, and C) many people with DBZ names are idiots. I guess you aren't an exception to this.

By the way, it's illegal to state that you will kill the president, EVEN IF you put a just kidding after it. I'd advise you to edit that before you get into serious trouble.
In response to Shadowdarke
You tell 'em Shadow! Its not like they have Pepsi up there. They have games that were made with BYOND. Most of those games advertised are free, if not, all. If you don't like it, get ta steppin'!

-Sariat
In response to WizDragon
Right on wiz! ^_^ You tell em!... You too Shadow (Looked at Shadow's post before this one.

-Raven-
I'm not gonna respond to this Goku guy because his post doesn't deserve much responding to.

However, to everyone else: Knock it off with the insults. They don't add anything to the conversation.

If you want to explain the flaws in this guy's arguments, please do so. But leave out the insults.
In response to Deadron
Mmkay.
In response to Raven01
Gee...
I don't know why you supposed I'm making a DBZ game when in my other post I said I wasn't.

ALSO!!
I'm not saying their BYOND sucks!
I have my opinion! You may like it for your games because it suites your games!
But for my game is just makes it look like crap...

I'm not saying this has to be done now or anything.
This is some of the things I would like to see later on.

And fine then...
If it makes you happy I'll change my name. Its not like it would matter to me. I only had this name so I could ask for help.
I wouldn't have replied at all, but I noticed that when you put re: in front of your topic line, it abbreviates it to "how do you get rid of men." Funny.

Your problems all have a very simple solution: learn how to program in C++ and make your own game from scratch, with the interface the way you want it. Failing that, let's take a look at your "demands."

2)I want it full screen

Other people have asked for the ability to toggle the text window off when it's not needed, and for the ability to make BYOND take up the full screen. They presented their requests intelligently, along with the reasons they want them. Last anyone heard, these things are still being considered. Considered. No one's going to rush to add them in. Why? Because they're cosmetic details. If your game doesn't need to use the text window, don't use the text window. If you want a bigger graphical window, make it bigger. As far as the "look" of having Dream Seeker contained within a window goes, that's just it, it's just a "look."

If your game's a good game, it would still be good no matter how the external presentation is. If it isn't a good game, it wouldn't become a good game in a full screen environment.

You want it? Fine. Knock yourself out. Other people have already done similar things. What's stopping you?

4)I don't want pager

Turn your pager off then. :P

5)No browser

So don't use the browser. :P

You seem to be deeply confused here about the nature of BYOND. These things you're complaining about represent the STRENGTH of BYOND, not its weaknesses. There's a File menu because Dream Seeker is not a program for a particular game, it's a client program for an infinite number of games. Think of it as Internet Explorer or Netscape. The File menu and the Edit menu and so on don't have anything to do with the page you're looking at... they're part of the browser program.

So, Dan and Tom do all the work to make your game work, and they don't get any credit?

I wanna know if those can be solved or if they ever will be solved!

Most of these things aren't problems. The ability to hide the browser and text box and customizing the appearance of buttons represent nothing more than cosmetic changes... if your game is decent, go ahead and make it now, and it will still be a decent game... if the ability comes later to disable the browser and the text window, go ahead and use it.

In the meantime, if you want to make a game that has no conncection to a larger community, that doesn't provide players with the ability to find other games and other players and communicate with them... you shouldn't be trying to make your game in BYOND.
Page: 1 2