In response to Goku984
"I only had this name so I could ask for help."

What's that supposed to mean?
In response to Goku984
I don't want BYOND to own my game!

First of all, if it wasn't for BYOND, theres a 90% chance you wouldn't HAVE a game.

I want to have complete control over it without having to decompile every file and edit it to my needs!

Ok if you can decompile the byond client and modify it 'to your needs' you obivously know ASM, and I doubt you'd NEED byond at that point.

Basically it's like this:
1) BYOND is free
2) Shut up
3) You get what you pay for (and some)
4) If you don't like it, go away.
5) Be glad they don't use real adds...
6) If you use an engine, be prepared to make sacrifices
7) If you insist on having a full screen game that works exactily like you want it to, I suggest going to http://www.borland.com/ , downloading their C++ Builder (Or buy MVC++), and doing it yourself in C++.

Besides, what you are doing is like if someone gives me a car, and I say "I dont' like that color! Paint it yellow!"... God what are you, 8 years old?
In response to Goku984
Goku984 wrote:
But its my server and I don't want ads and all that crap on it!

It shouldn't "be" byonds game.
I have my own server and all they do is provide you with a webpage and a simple compiler.

I don't want BYOND to own my game! I want to have complete control over it without having to decompile every file and edit it to my needs!
Tell you what, why don't you just do it the hard way? As you obviously want to do! Learn C/C++ make your own graphics handling routines, lib, sound etc..

Then you'll have complete control over every aspect of your game you want! You don't belong here at BYOND, but hey I'll be helpful. Try this community it seems more where you should be.... www.gamedev.org I know these guys in real life and some of them are Game Programming Book authors! That should get you going..

LJR
In response to WizDragon
WizDragon wrote:
I'd be surprised if you're over the age of 8. You want everything, and you want it NOW.

Yo man...
Somebody call the Oomppas in here! Its time for a Goku song!

:P

LJR
In response to LordJR
Wow thanks for the URL! :) I hope it's as usefull as you say it is. I'm getting tired of using OpenGL anywho, I hope this has help on DirectX device handeling :)
In response to Dreq
Dreq wrote:
Wow thanks for the URL! :) I hope it's as usefull as you say it is. I'm getting tired of using OpenGL anywho, I hope this has help on DirectX device handeling :)

No prob. ;)
I actually already have my own Tile Map Engine that uses DirectX, but its still 256pal. I haven't worked on it much since I started messing with BYOND but u can see screen shots of my game from my GameDev page. http://www.lordjonray.com/gamedev

I also know a few good books to recommend if you plan on doing anything in DirectX or Direct3D.

LJR
In response to Goku984
I`m not trying to be rude, so excuse me if I sound like it.

I think BYOND is great, One of the best game programming languages on the net.

But BYOND has its limitations, I am Currently looking for Alternitives to BYOND that will Allow me to customize my game's interface better.

There are Numerous Alternitives to BYOND,

The Games Factory(clickteam.com)
MulitMedia Fusion(clickteam.com)
Jamgic(for 3d games, and poddibly online games too)(clickteam.com)
Visual Basic(microsoft)
C++

How ever Most if not all of them require you to spend money to buy the program.

The type of games I want to make require that they be made in Visual Enviroments such as TGF, MMF, and VB

as for saying that you were going to kill the president, that is waaaaaaaaay illegal, and could land you in jail for dome time(from what I`ve heard)

I`ve also heard never say:
"Assinate" "President" and What ever the presidents last name on the phon within a certain time period or else your call will be recorded

:p(who spends too much time at phonelosers.org)
In response to Pillsverry
Pillsverry wrote:
There are Numerous Alternitives to BYOND,

The Games Factory(clickteam.com)
MulitMedia Fusion(clickteam.com)
Jamgic(for 3d games, and poddibly online games too)(clickteam.com)
Visual Basic(microsoft)
C++

Customizations features will be added to BYOND over time. However, do any of the listed alternatives support multiplayer for 2D games? Subscriptions? An automatic update system? HTML browser integration?

Will they ever?

I suspect that BYOND will eventually have all the features any other 2D system has, and I suspect that no other system will have all the features that BYOND has.
In response to Deadron
Goku9564567 or what ever your name is, Byond is The best program i have on my computer at the moment. If you dont like it no one is forcing you to keep it.

• Dan & Tom have done one heck of a job on this thing.
  • Byond has a great community of people(just the forum =p)

Finally; you say you are not making a DBZ game, I think you are. People with DBZ names come here and see that they will be ignored so they say "for a non dbz game". Obviously there are exceptions and i doubt you are one of them.
Sorry about the crappy interface.
Men will probably be around for a long time.
Too much fighting, thread closed.
In response to Pillsverry
I`ve also heard never say:
"Assinate" "President" and What ever the presidents last name on the phon within a certain time period or else your call will be recorded

:p(who spends too much time at phonelosers.org)

Does this apply to Canadians too? I'd have a hoot bugging the FBI! =D
In response to Spuzzum
I am sure as hell that Tom just closed this thread so how come its back open?

Also Tom...I dont think you should actually take notice in this thread and its idea's as of yet because to my opinion I think BYOND is great as it is. Plus I dont think you guys should be slagged off at for all your hard work so this Goku guy can go shove it for all I care as if he wants his things to be his way then he can leave. But I say you should just concentrate on what your doing now.

Lee
Page: 1 2