ID:179243

is there anyway to make it so the character can be larger then 32 by 32?

My characters head will only fit in that size!!

Please tell me if you can make your character use more then one tile or enlarge it or anyway of making the character bigger then that tiny size they give you!
Goku984 wrote:

You bet!
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
Goku984 wrote:

You bet!

You also might want to look at this:
MultiTile mob demo using Movement lib

I am going to upload a new version of the movement lib that has an even better support for multi tiled mobs.

(When I made my asteroids demo for the contest I ran into a couple problems with the library)
In response to Ebonshadow
But...
None of that is for the main character!
I want it so you control it!
In response to Goku984
Goku984 wrote:
But...
None of that is for the main character!
I want it so you control it!

I haven't checked out Ebonshadow's, but this one supports main character multimobs... The other link didn't have http:// in it. Sorry!
In response to Vortezz
AWSOME!!!!

Does it tell you how to make it so they can move and everything though?

'Cause ummm....
That second tutorial doesn't work.
It can't run.

Well...
Anyways.
Does your tutorial tell me how I can make my guy move?
Or if it isn't yours do you still know how?
In response to Goku984
Goku984 wrote:
Does your tutorial tell me how I can make my guy move?

Yep. You don't need to do anything special other than keep the head along with the feet, which it tells you how. ;)
In response to Vortezz
YIPEE!

It says its for the advanced users....
well...
I wouldn't classify myself as an advanced user...
BUT I'LL STILL DO IT ANYWAYS!!!
=)
In response to Goku984
Another thing you might wanna try is do a search on Code Problems for a thread called 'Multi Tile Demo'. Back when I was messing with multi tiles ^_^ I wish I had time to keep goin with it @.@ I know a bunch of stuff I could do with it *L*

Anyways, set the day thingy to 999 and in the subject line put 'Multi Tile Demo', and you'll find it. Its kinda messy, but it gets the point across a bit ^_^

Elorien
In response to Elorien
I'll read that tommorrow!
=O

Thats about 30 or 40 replies!!!!!!!

jeez
In response to Goku984
10...11 now.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
10...11 now.

He's talking about Elorien's old multi-tile post.
In response to Vortezz
Ah, I see.
In response to Nadrew
Its only 35 ;;

Okay, so I suck at coding >:P I know how to go about doin stuff, but its the nittygritty that gets me *L* least in byond @.@ for some reason in VB Im almost a perfectionist.

El
In response to Elorien
You're not that bad of a coder, you just don't have as much time to learn as some of us (me...).
In response to Nadrew
*blush* Thanks ^_^

My problem isnt that I cant code, is that I dont have the time to learn byond specific language features @.@ So I could tell someoen the steps to do something, I just couldnt code it myself @.@

We had a quiz today in VB where we had to code something on paper. My instructor put it up on the board after we were done, and I actually had improved on the code he had up (he actually admited it), but I coudlnt do even something simple in Byond simply cuz I dont know the language ^^

Chaucer was a great early english writer, but he couldnt write german worth a pile of beans >;P

Annnyways, this is getting wayyyyyy OT, but thanks for the compliment ^_^;

Elorien
In response to Ebonshadow
Ebonshadow wrote:
You also might want to look at this:
MultiTile mob demo using Movement lib

That gives me errors about null.elevation up the wazoo.
In response to Elorien
I tried all of those tutorials and not a single one lets them be animated and controlled by the user.

And not a single one even works!!!!!!!!!

Elorian or whatever your name is...?
well anyways.
Doy you know how to make it so its an animated movement and controlled my the main character and it works!!??
In response to Goku984
HELLOOOOO!!??

Is there any other way that works?!
In response to Goku984
Goku984 wrote:
I tried all of those tutorials and not a single one lets them be animated and controlled by the user.

And not a single one even works!!!!!!!!!

What the tutorials DO is show you how to learn how to code. Since you looked at them and didn't learn anything, then no, I guess they didn't work.

I'll tell you exactly how to make larger characters. I'll write the whole code for you! I need a little information to do so, though.

First, tell me what the heck a "character" is. How do characters move? What do characters look like? Does the whole character have to be dense, or is the top part just going to be a vertical 3D effect that people can stand behind? Is it important that any Bump() given or received by any part of the character be treated like a Bump() involving the main character? Is there any special treatment of all mobs or objs that I should be aware of while I'm writing the code? Have you overwritten mob or client.Move() in any way that might affect the way the character moves? Is there anything in the code you've written (or borrowed) that I should know about that may present a conflict with anything in the code I write?

I guess to answer your question... to answer all the questions that you'll ever have, the answer is always going to "Is there any way to...?" will be "yes" and "How do I...?" will always be "However you want." There is no one solution to any problem... how you code any one part of your game depends entirely on how the rest of the game is coded.

You do not yet know how to code in even a basic sense... right now, you're just grabbing premade codes and trying to throw them together like they're Lego blocks, or something. You're not going to get anywhere doing that. Stop what you're doing. Go read the FAQ. Go read the Guide. Go read the Reference. Go look through/do all the tutorials... don't look at them as sources of "codes" for you to lift and put in your game. That's not what they are. They're illustrations and explanations to help you learn how to write your own code, that will do exactly what you want.

After all, this is Build YOUR OWN Net Dream, not Throw Together Everyone Else's And Hope It Works.
Page: 1 2