ID:179277

I need to know how monsters walk in a certain area and so they can attack.If you know Please tell me.Thanks ALOT!
It depends what type of monster it is. Bipedal monsters usually walk arround one foot infront of the other while blob type monsters don't really walk. They slither or roll to get arround instead. Monsters with more feet walk like bipedal monsters it's just they have more legs to rotate through.

Did that help? That's all I can tell you from your question.

Wow, I've become really cynical, you people are a bad influence on me :p
In response to English
English wrote:
It depends what type of monster it is. Bipedal monsters usually walk arround one foot infront of the other while blob type monsters don't really walk. They slither or roll to get arround instead. Monsters with more feet walk like bipedal monsters it's just they have more legs to rotate through.

?????????????????????
In response to English
English wrote:

what he said, that would answer your question =)
In response to dbz73
what?Well,sorry but that kind of didn't help me.I really wanted this code a very longtime.
In response to Saibaman4
Ok, ok, here it is. Just paste it into your code and compile the game. No modification necessary!

client
North()
step(mob,SOUTH)
South()
step(mob,NORTH)
East()
step(mob,WEST)
West()
step(mob,EAST)
In response to English
English wrote:
Ok, ok, here it is. Just paste it into your code and compile the game. No modification necessary!

client
North()
step(mob,SOUTH)
South()
step(mob,NORTH)
East()
step(mob,WEST)
West()
step(mob,EAST)

LOL
In response to Saibaman4
These guys are being cruel, but for a good reason: mob movement code is available in the Tutorials section, and can be found in most of the demos (which get downloaded to your computer via DreamSeeker). You just have to take the time to look.

Your question was so vague, it was similar to someone asking 'what is the captial of Georgia?' when there is an encyclopedia of knowledge available to you online or offline.

People do get a bit annoyed when newbie questions have the sound of someone who does not want to take the time to do some research or read up on techniques - someone who wants the answers handed to them. And I do not think that is what this part of the forum is for.

If you have a 'specific' question pertaining to how monsters can move, or would like help on the explanation of existing code, then these would be appropriate questions - not 'help me! give me code!'...such babble will fall on deaf ears, or be the cause of ridicule (as in this case)...

This section is for helping, not for begging...

On the other side of the coin, it does not help that you guys tease him. That would only make him mad and/or frustrated. Pointing him possible directions, and reminding him to be more specific would be much more helpful and do much to better the newbie community towards those of use with experience...
Saibaman4 wrote:
I need to know how monsters walk in a certain area and so they can attack.If you know Please tell me.Thanks ALOT!

See:

byond://Deadron.WalkingClicking
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Saibaman4 wrote:

See:

byond://Deadron.WalkingClicking

Errors: errors Deadron/Library/Even Loop/:unfind Proc
In response to digitalmouse
Your right of course, I just couldn't help myself :(